Front brake issue

Discussion in '610/630' started by Raaron12, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    So the front brake system has stopped holding fluid on my sm610 and I can't seem to find where it is leaking from. I have filled the master cylinder twice looking for leaks and the fluid slowly disappears but I don't see any sign of fluid on the bike, master cylinder, caliper, or floor. I'm tempted to just rebuild the master cylinder and caliper as the front brakes have always disappointed me. I feel like If I grab a fistful of front brake the bike should bring the back wheel up and try to flip me over the bars which it has never done. Does anybody have any guidance or suggestions or Is poor front braking normal for these bikes?
  2. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    First of all, before you take the master cylinder or the caliper apart, be aware of the fact that, since some years ago, people have said many times that Brembo discontinued rebuild kits. People say that the only way is to send the component to an official dealer to have it rebuilt.
    On the other hand, it's possible to find some OEM (or OEM-looking) kits online, so I don't know what to think about it.

With my bike one can brake hard enough to lift the rear wheel without squeezing the lever completely. Considering the importance of the front brake for both safety and fun, I suggest that you check its components.

It's normal, when you fill an empty brake system, that the level drops many times before becoming steady.
    Was the brake system empty? How much fluid have you poured into the reservoir?