1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Four Stroke Husky's

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Michael Lueders, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

Well... with DOHC and all the goodness.
    I must say that in comparison to my other bikes the husky motor is sublime.
    Easy to get parts..extremely reliable, rock solid and seemingly very happy when being flogged without mercy. Simply perfect;)

Just picked up a"new" yes NEW 2004 450SMR. Now I'm hooked on road racing once again. You see, it all started with an interview I did with a Mr. Canet way back in the 90's about bringing back the"superbikers" back when I rode a GSXR. ....I'm a slow learner!:D
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    The engine is definitely a different breed from the asian designs. 1 paper oil filter and 3 metal screens is different for a LOT of folks new to the Husky. Easy access to the adjustable parts-valves, throttle body and such. And it's got a nice deep thump, but not too deep for the neighbors. I can't wait to put more hours/miles on it with family and friends!
  3. sidedrifter Husqvarna
    B Class

I think the 610 is the finest dual sport out there. Other then the seat I like mine better every time I go for a ride. I have owned and ridden a lot of different bikes in my forty some years of riding.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    word is Italians build some good engines,,,,,and design and make some fine items.
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

No argument there. IMO the 610 straddles the dividing line between between off road hero and street sport bike perfectly. And yes the seat sucks, at least for street use butt after a couple thousand miles I am getting used to it.
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Crap, I guess I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon here, too, and agree with you both. I don't think I'll be entering an enduro anytime soon on my 610, but it is absolutely perfect for what I'm doing with it. It makes a supreme long-distance dualsporter (the seat is world's better than my stock 450 EXC seat!) and it turns paved twisties into a slice of heaven. Never again will my butt grace the seat of a new sportbike.

Dirt/StreetChick
  7. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

From what I know of your riding ability you could ride an enduro on the 610 with slicks on and still come out pretty good...your sooo modest!;)
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My TXC450 and TE610 I believe are both tops in their classes. I am fortunate enough to get to ride pretty much everything and I choose husky, they are just great bikes from many standpoints.
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
  10. NorCal2500HD Husqvarna
    B Class

I love my 510......After Coffee showed me how to do the valves it was a piece of cake....oil and valves done in 30-35 minutes now. :D
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I also love my 510 but the valves are always in spec .
    so just change oil and filter and ride.
    the only thing easier is my CR 125 no values and no oil filters and feels like no weight too almost like a bicycle compaired to my 510
  12. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

08 TE 250 with the power up kit. 1300 miles of flawless performance and I haven't even checked the valves. It is the best tight woods bike I have ever ridden.:)
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My valves (2006) have not moved at all, and CKPCs (2007) have not either...

But both bikes were out of spec when first checked. I didn't check mine until maybe 300 miles were on the bike... re-shimmed them and have not moved since - the bike now has 2300 miles on it.
  14. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

So easy to work on compared to the big four. Everything is laid out in a logical and easy to get to method. So far my SMR450 can take all the abuse I can throw at it and ask for more. This being my first Husky I'm very happy with it, and Husky will be next to replace my Honda dirt bike.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Since buying my TE250 in June, my KTM 250 XCF-W has been gathering dust in my garage. I got the KTM out today just to make sure it would still crank. My son asked me why I haven't ridden the KTM in weeks. I just shrugged my shoulders and said " I dunno".

Truth is, I have futzed with that KTM for months this spring to get the jetting right... JUST IN TIME for the hot summer weather! Then I had to futz MORE to get it right for 90+ degrees.

In my old age, I no longer enjoy futzing with ANY machine in order to get it to behave the way I want. The Husky just works.
  16. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250