1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Flaming out, cough stalls and false neutrals, 14 250r

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by rabskyline, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Joe Piddington Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350
    It's happening to my bike as well...14 TE310....I just remapped to power up- Leo Vince tune and seems to be better but dealer reassures me this is typical to the Husky and should be ok around 500 miles..I just hit 200
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    PPS the new owner of my ex TXC310R is Ty D!!.................ZipTy Too......... Ty Domxxxxxx not Davis
  3. JAM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300
    My 2014 TE310R is doing that same thing and driving me nuts! I put the DB buster silencer in and after slow technical riding I get the Pop & Stall! In an attempt to fix it, I realize now that moving the TPS was a bad idea, but I wanted to do something. So, my dealer says he cannot adjust the TPS without a computer... Any suggestions are welcome to get this bike with ~150 miles back on the trail.
  4. Joe Piddington Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350
    Yea me as well...we are going to adjust the TPS tomorrow....my buddy has a ktm 350exc and has the same throttle body and sent his out to make his bike run better which it does...gonna try the same thing and hope it works...
  5. JAM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300
    Are you going to attempt to do that by sound feel, or do you have a computer device. I have heard that you can never get it right without the computer. ??
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    My final sea level autotune generated map for the '13 TE310R with the stock pipe/no cat. Check the numbers on the table below... For the most part open map 3 slightly rich (stock 12mm sensor I pulled dark with soot prior to install of 18mm sensor and dyno run). Probably good with an open pipe but does indeed run better now with this trim. Even at startup runs as it should requiring a hint of choke. If so inclined get a PCV (special order required) and transpose these trims or I'll post the map. Will be generating a high altitude map as well for (8k and above).

WP_20140909_21_13_38_Raw__highres.jpg

[IMG]
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    If it starts to die or flame out when you first whack the throttle open, you can adjust the accel pump feature.
    rabskyline likes this.
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not sure if I need to adjust it but just seemed the way the bike should warm to tenp. Once she warmed for a minute all is good. Ran it on the street 2 days ago to redline through the gears.... Yee Haw! Steady idle and not a pop.
    JAM likes this.
  9. Joe Piddington Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350
    My buddy is using a volt meter to dial it in....the guy that did his ktm told him how to do it otherwise I'm hoping that it stops regardless around 500 miles like the dealer said?? I'm going to keep my fingers crossed
  10. Joe Piddington Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350
    Adjusted TPS to .70 and no stalls tonight but only did 10 miles...going to do some single track and really test her tomorrow ...BUT no stalls...OEM TPS setting was .58
    JAM likes this.
  11. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    How is this achieved ??
  12. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    "How is this achieved ?? "

With the PCV.
  13. JimBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Tinkin, are you saying the map can not be adjusted on the 2013/14 TE310/250 bikes? The Mikuni FI was tunable with ibeats, is there no programming tool for the Keihin unit? My bike (2013 TE310) flames out at low rpm throttle opening, very annoying. I've heard about an "accelerator pump" feature. Does such a thing exist and how do you adjust it? Is there a procedure to reset the TPS without a programmer? Can the issue be resolved without shelling out $$$ on a piggyback tuner?
  14. JimBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Ok, so the accelerator pump feature is a power commander thing, correct? Not available as an adjustment to the stock ecu...
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not looking to hiya-jack but I was under the impression that EFI bikes did not have a need for an accel pump type action ... Is this feature on all bike EFI systems or just the current EFI on the Huskies?
  16. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Tinken likes this.
  18. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you know how carbs work and have done a lot of jetting the amount of new control is compelling with PCV. Having a set map which may not have been acceptable in the old days with carbs, is acceptable/mandatory today since you are locked out. Nice to be able to plug in the usb from laptop or windows tablet and adjust all parameters. Then not having to pull a set of carbs off the bike and dismantle to get to the jets, etc...
  19. Joe Piddington Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350
    My buddy made some contraption and it worked...is your bike stalling?
  20. JAM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300
    Being as I don't have a computer hookup (iBeat) for the TE310R, this worked well for checking / setting the TPS voltage; and it is inexpensive.
    All you need is a voltmeter and this TPSTOOL Use Model 2 for the TE310R.
    http://www.tpstool.com
    Johnrg and Tinken like this.