First Look – Gas Gas EC 250 4T Cami

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Motosportz, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
  3. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    A Dellorto carb, wow? Haven't heard that name in a while.
    troy deck likes this.
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Passenger pegs to boot.. Awesome. Is that so you can stand on them to ride wheelies all day around your buddies. I know thats what they will get used for and I'm not even a stunt squid.
    Nice piece there looks like a comfy seat too. These Gas Gas and the Beta's are outstanding looking pieces of art. Its making me want to NOT buy a New Husky but I am afraid of parts availability as the closest dealer from me is 250+ miles away and I can't leave anything alone. I got to modify stuff to be happy. Aftermarket Parts for these and the Beta's are few and far between. About as bad as my BMW G450X so I've been there. These things are so set up from the get go you don't need to do anything but ride them after maybe installing the proper spring rates, because they can hardly be improved upon.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Hey now. Not everyone who uses the rear pegs once in a while is a squid.. image.jpg
    duggoey, 454x and Big Timmy like this.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Rich mans Honda CRF230...
    Motosportz likes this.
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey now, No offense, your on the right bike there in your picture for that type of thing. The Gas Gas would be fun to do the same thing on in the dirt. How often do you get a chance to do that on a capable dirt bike. I know I would be doing it other wise the thought wouldn't even occur to me to mention such a thing. Its about like asking yourself, "am I addicted to riding wheelies". If you didn't ride wheelies the question wouldn't even have to be asked and of course you know the answer to that question.. Yes you and I are both addicted. It's pretty simple really. Rear footpegs on that dirtbike for a new toy. It would be a game changer for sure. I might OD on wheelies.
  8. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Haha no offense just bustin. If my dirtbike had rear footpegs they'd be off right away. I guess itd be nice if you found pretty girls in the woods in need of a ride to town..
    Big Timmy likes this.
  9. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    BigTimmy. I just bought a new Beta and i was rest assured that parts availability will be a none issue. The distribution center is in Paso Robles Ca. The dealers can order any none shelf stock parts any day of the week. They don't have to wait until a certain day of the week to put in a stock order. That means parts fast! At least for me 2 days max if they have it at the Distribution center you in as probably 3 days. As far as aftermarket goes there is more available for my Beta 300RR than there ever was for my 2009 WR300. Check out the Beta web site they have anything you want.
    Big Timmy and water racer like this.
  10. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Parts are just a phone call away, and many accessories are available from American Beta, you don't have to go looking for them.
    454x and Big Timmy like this.
  11. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool, I'm into the aftermarket stuff thats what I was talking about. Many places just don't carry anything for bikes unless its a KTM or one of the 4 Japanese manufactures. I try to avoid dealership purchasing of parts but that may change. Think about it I got a BMW. That bike isn't even listed under most parts supply places under the "DIRT" category its listed under "STREET" Seriously. Trust me its got plates on it but its a very capable Extreme dirt bike. The local stealerships for the BMW are in my experience only a phone call away and online. I won't even walk in the place locally. It's 120 miles away. Maybe its just me. Oh well I'm over it.
  12. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    This GG is a parts bin special. '11 gen frame modded for what is likely a Chinesse motor. It is not their own motor and not a Yamaha from the looks of it. Other parts are older EC stuff, and stuff that is likely of a lesser grade like the wheels and perhaps brakes to meet price point in that market. They have done this before with Chineese air cooled motors and even with their 2stroke motors. The "Hobby" 200 comes to mind. It likely started as a third world market bike and now perhaps they figure they could sell a few more elsewhere. None of these types of bikes have ever been brought here and I wouldn't wait for this one either. Fine for its market, and give them credit for trying to expand sales, but its no 250F woods bike like its Euro brothers.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

yep, thats exactly what it is.
  14. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    According to the report on Enduro21 (and that's the only place I've seen anything) it was a bike designed for the Brazilian market that they are trying to expand the reach of. It's not meant to me a 250F slayer, it's supposed to be a 'low-seat height/easy to ride/still somewhat capable' trail bike. The spec sheet and description list second tier brakes and non-adjustable suspension intended to keep costs down.

I kind of dig it for what it is. Lots of guys I ride with want something for their wife/gf/daughter/inexperienced sons that doesn't weigh a ton, looks like a real dirt bike, and has decent performance in an easy to manage package. This could be it.
    Radbuster and Motosportz like this.
  15. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    The Pampera was a good wife bike, just don't try to ride it hard or it breaks easy. Only problem for women is the stiff kick from the trials motor. We had an '02 for 10 years. My wife only rode once a year so we sold it. After years of telling her to "kick harder", the look I got when she saw the Beta start with the button the first time was priceless.

I can only imagine the parts chain logistics for a Chineese motor channeled through GG.
  16. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I think its awesome that a decent manufacturer is making a trail bike instead of a full competition machine. Thats what attracts me to the late 90s bikes.
    Motosportz likes this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    We 1st worlders miss the point quite often.
    In second and 3rd world countries they need all capable small transport , basic transport. Simple well built motos fit this mould. For Brazil...GG is thinking about the 100s of thousands of folks that need base transport that can handle dirt roads rough terrain and day to day riding in and out of cars in the city. A high end racing 4 stroke is not that solution. (for $$ and for maintenance times). A sourced part low cost simple "enduro" is the solution.
    twowheels likes this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Vintage bikes provide that simple but fun outlet to many that get it. I fondly remember all the great times 2 gallons of syphoned gas and an open face helmet on a MR175 would bring. Kinda miss the simplicity of it all.