Finally she arrives

Discussion in 'TR650' started by bogwheel, Jun 17, 2017.

1. bogwheel Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650?
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultacos
    Been about six weeks since purchasing my Terra interstate, but today I got to see and ride it for the first time. My bike was (I think) the first in Aust to have the recall done.
    Went straight on the dirt and loved it, and can't wait to get some tyres that work. Even with the original old hard and worn out tyres, it seemed the harder I pushed the better the bike felt.
    So I have some questions -
    Tyres for mostly dirt roading?
    The bike still has the booster plug fitted, and pretty sure it was when they re-installed the ECU. Would that be of concern? (the little sun was flashing for most of the ride today and it was a pretty barmy day)
    Idles about 1700rpm all the time.

Been chasing a Terra for a couple of years, and purchased one sight unseen and having never seen one in the flesh before.

'Looking forward to liking this motorcycle a lot.

Terry
    Matt Crawley and DeLewis like this.
  2. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    That "sun" is a "snowflake".
    Cycle through your display but you should find a temperature reading that is significantly lower than it really is.
    That is what the booster plugs do, they trick the bike into thinking its cooler than it is.

Will it make an issue with the update, I dont know if anyone knows for sure yet.
    I would not have left a booster plug installed for it, but it may not matter.

I would try taking it off or plugging the AIT back in without going through the booster, let it idle until the fan kicks on & off and see how it works.
    If you have issues, then you might want to bring it back to the dealer.
    Rapid Dog and Matt Crawley like this.
  3. LED Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Congratulations bogwheel. If you haven't already done so, you may wish to read up on the various modifications people have done to the Terra, the most important for anyone riding dirt being the 'pod mod' or 3D printer air filter mod to prevent dirt entry into your engine. The stock air box is not well sealed.