1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Finally got the Nomad Tank for my 449

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Huskynoobee, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Now that the ol 449 is going back to official play/dual sport duty, I had to address the range issue. Most of the sanctioned DS events run by my local AMA district require at least 80 miles of range between gas stops. That's 5 to 10 miles too far for us Husqcagivabeemer guys.

Kelly (Motosportz) stopped selling them and there was no other US distributor. So I contacted Mick at Nomad and he said he could send me one easy.

The 4.5l tank arrived from Oz yesterday in top shape. I'll get it strapped on this weekend and snap a couple o pics. BIG Cheers to Mick for keeping the one that fits my 2011 in stock and getting it here so quick!
  2. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I have one but have never installed it. Im curious what my range is on my stock tank with my mods, I've never ran out of gas to know.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I was good for about 75 miles avg. trying to keep up with an AMA hall of famer friend on a DS ride. I run stock exhaust with a TXC Akro muffler, but have a PCV running an aggressive map and somewhat conservative map on a bar switch. I estimate over 100 miles now so Barstow to Vegas and Big Bear DS here I come!

I had it out yesterday after throwing the Nomad on and totally spaced taking a picture. I'm sure you can see pics on the old thread from Motosportz when he sold them. I still need to test it with fuel in it etc. However I do like the 5 minute swap time to add it when I need it!

I was thinking of going the IMS route, but decided that after having my suspension dialed by ZipTy and not wanting to make the front end wallow around with the extra weight this is the best solution to keep it nimble and easy to ride.
  4. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I'd like to talk to you a bit about your map switch and what maps your running. I am running a PCV and FMF can. I am going to be doing the Sheet metal 300 next month and I need to get 100 miles on a tank(s). I'll shoot you a PM.