Fears and bad dreams...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by The Old Husky, Mar 15, 2021.

1. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    (disclaimer: this is my opinion, what i think, it does not have to be the "truth" or "scientific" proven)

I never liked it that Husqvarna sold their motorcycle division. Husqvarna was never a mass-brand like Honda or KTM, but they had a bunch of loyal fans. Enough to not sell the motorcycle division.

KTM was, in my point of view, always an arrogant brand. Winning Dakar by literally littering the race with their motorcycles. Probably government supported as rumors goes around at the time. It almost look like they handed them out for free. They could never stand that Husqvarna had the stronger and better engine.

Now KTM owns Husqvarna, and that given them the ultimate chance to steal Husky technology and call it their own. Now they are the best, finally...finally. I fear that KTM will do this as they already pulled production out of Italy. Use this famous brand for experiments and let it die.

I would like Husqvarna back to Italy with Cagiva or Ducati. I my point of view Italians are better in motorcycles and have respect for traditions.

But the best would be if it return back to where it belong: Sweden.

Husqvarna back to Husqvarna.
    Long_Stroke and Eurofreak like this.
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    While I agree that it’d be great to see the brand back as an independent motorcycle manufacturer it’ll likely never happen. Also, there is no part of the current Husqvarna that is stolen off the Italian bikes. This will hurt some feelings I’m sure, but the new ones are better than the Italian bikes in almost every way and the parts availability is much more sustainable. Furthermore there’s a reason the name was for sale in the first place. They weren’t making money hand over fist in the hands of the Italians and I see 20 times more Husqvarnas than I did prior. Like It or not Ktm has done a way better job keeping the brand alive. Lastly, there was a time when Ktms were some of the most undesirable bikes around and they turned around. All just opinions but that’s my take. The Italian models were great bikes but the company wasn’t better off that’s for sure.
    Muddy Waters and gaz like this.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You can still buy a SWM, and get the same technology out of the same former Husqvarna factory in Italy, if you want.
    Muddy Waters likes this.