Favorite spots in the US to ride?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by m1kebeck, Jun 1, 2018.

1. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I plan to take a trip sometime this summer to some of the best dirt bike trail riding in the country. What are your favorite spots? Looking for a place with endless miles of trails! Somewhere I can pay for a permit or pay per day. I live on Long Island with no where legal to ride so I want to experience what most states are privileged with. somewhere with breathtaking areas and scenery, I’m picturing a sort of forresty terrain. I want to really be impressed with this trip, I’m sure many of you have experienced what I’m looking for. Thanks in advance!

Also willing to meet up with a group. Would love to meet some people and do some traveling this summer to some different spots!
    gaz likes this.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Colorado is great. You can ride any type of terrain you want all within an hour. The permit is about $25 and a spark arrestor is required
  3. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Awesome! I always wanted to visit Colorado too, I’m assuming if I went alone I’d end up finding a group to ride with? I don’t want to ride alone in an area I’m not familiar with. I don’t know if I could make the trip this summer all the way out there but it’s def on my bucket list for sure!
  4. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    m1kebeck likes this.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Do have to carry if you go on the Hatfield/McCoy ride?
    jimmyc, gaz and jack topper like this.
  6. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    look up NETRA. The turkey run series all of them a good day ride. You will meet good people there. Always a sweep crew there at the end to make shore every body made it out of the woods. This weekend new england classis in loudon nh 6/9,10. Great riding for two days.
    m1kebeck likes this.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Massachusetts at October mountain in Lee, Mass. there’s a map you can get. Call first they seem to change the rules. It’s the best ride in the northeast, we do three 1 1/2 hour loops and never hit the same trail twice. It’s a day of riding from sun up till sun down. You have the forest and the pipeline to ride.

For energy it’s peanutbutter n jelly sandwiches and milk chocolate.
    m1kebeck likes this.
  8. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Awesome! Is this a set ride they do yearly? Or is it an open trail system you can go whenever?
  9. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    once a year. It is a charity ride for systic fibrosis. you start out of loudon nh speedway. you can camp out there. it is a minimum donation of 100 dollars for two days of great riding. about 100 miles each day with a great lunch on the trail and gas stops too. must be registered with a plate.
  10. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR

I was just there last week (we try and get down there once a year for the past 6-7 years).

Everybody I've ever met has been very friendly and the residents typically enjoy us being around bringing in money to the local economy.

Just need a $50 permit and you can ride all the various HMT systems down there. Plus you can ride on the roads in town if you need something.

I will say the single track stuff tends to be beat up and very technical.

[IMG]
  11. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Look up Quarry run dual sport, in hancoak ny. August 4&5 2018.
    100 miles each day. Great riding.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Can't go wrong with the California Desert. We've got 1000s of square miles of open riding. Our mountains are cool in the summer months too. Kennedy Meadows, Mammoth and the high Sierra, Big Bear. All epic and well mapped.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just read in the AMA mag that HMT just added a bunch of new trails. Sounds great!
  14. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    We were doing the rides there on our own on weekends. We can go when ever. Must be registered in mass. Call ahead to see if the rules change.

There’s trails in the mass forest and on the open gas pipeline that goes over hills and valleys for as far as the eye can see.