Far North Queenslanders about?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by AusHusky, Sep 2, 2012.

1. AusHusky Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te450
    Looking for some riding buddies in the far north. Cairns or Tablelands regions. Have trailer, will drive! Shout out to anyone that likes to go throw some rocks!
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeah thats me mate! bout time i got some red/white & black back up. had to ride with 3 ktms on sunday, absolutely putrid :)-(although did spend 2 hours fixing the 400exc). ausky is the local husky guru up here n knows his stuff but im yet to see him on the trails, beginning to wonder if he rides at all!(bita reverse psych damo :)). im up past mossman way so creb, black mountain, 7 hills, speewah, herberton, rifle range etc. ill go near on anywhere for a decent ride. even though you on a 4t ill still ride with a husky brother! pm me probably go wednesday & friday if you keen this week as fly out saturday for a week. i try & get out at least once a week if possible. tee something up either way
  3. AusHusky Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te450
    PM sent. We might have to catch up when you get back cause I'm outta town at the moment. Back the day you fly out...
  4. Bankso Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZF1000, TTR 5O
    Mate I live in Townsville and we do a few rides up your way every now and again if you want i will send you a email next time we are going to Herberton. We usually do an over night run staying in the pub up there. Paul the publican is a great bloke and a good time is had by all. I am looking at doing a ride up the Daintree and CREB as soon as the rain stops and things dry out a bit. Any way I will keep in touch if you are intrested. The Herberton ride we usually go from the petrol station just north of Cardwell and go up from there its just on 380kms round trip with some excellent riding in between and then once you get to the pub we drop all our gear off and go from there Cambodia and the likes. There is usually 7-10 riders that go but we always have room of more.
    Cheers Gaven
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    sweet as mate just let me know, im always keen! pm me when you headin up this way
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Must do a ride FNQ one of these days...only a short drive from Melb :) .... how the fuck do you guys do it in the humidity!!!
  7. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Because its every day you get use to it, this is my fifth wet season and its no probs as long as you suck down plenty of water. I move up here from Melbourne and I thought the same as you but now its no probs
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    just come up in the dry season(april-ish to november-ish) 26-27 degrees, much lower humidity(50%) & blue skies near on all the time. cold at night though(mid teens). primo riding conditions although dust becomes a bit of an issue in some places. got a big ol ride panned for tomorrow, 34 degrees & about 80-90% humidity-good times. prefer that to a dry 40 degrees still. as long as you keep moving it aint too bad & find a creek to go for a swim in is always a winner. slow, techy trails & gnarly hillclimbs(if you bin it) find you out real fast though-hero to zero in about 10 minutes flat! you mexicans are soft(haha im a WAssie originally) :)
  9. Bankso Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZF1000, TTR 5O
    thats the secrect keep moving, its best for you and your bike. I dont find it to bad, but i did spend the last 5 and a half years in Darwin
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    LoL, thanks bloke's and l don't mind riding in heat but the last time l rode in humidity..even doing 100kmph my arse was still sweating :)

Lovely part of the world and must convince the missus to make a trip up your part of the world...now, what about leeches?
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    bugger all, you probly get more down there! probly not advisable to swim in stagnent water though