Excel rims for Terra

Discussion in 'TR650' started by danielcure, Mar 21, 2013.

1. danielcure Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500. CR250, CBR400, CBR600RR, VTR1
    Hi everyone, if your inetrested I emailed Touratech to see if they sold Excel rims for the Terra as their demo bike has a set. This is the responce below. It looks like they are the BMW F650. I was hoping to keep everything original but just order teh rims and have someone lace it up... not sure who could do such a thing though???

Daniel,

Thanks for the question. I have every reason to believe that these wheels from the BMW F650 will fit the Terra.

Worst case scenario you may need different wheel bearings but I am 90% confident that these will fit fine out of the box: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Search/?L=300-0020,300-0021

Sales and Technical Support
    Touratech-USA / CycoActive, Inc.

P (800) 491-2926

www.touratech-usa.com
  2. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    110 percent sure that the wheels from the F/G650GS single BMW's will fit from 2001 to 2013. Kicker is to get part number for the rim only so that you can order these and re-lace yourself. Saves big money and not that hard.
    Woody's wheels can build wheels for you usung excel rims and stainless spokes, send him your hubs or used hubs from the above and they can build any wheel you want from 17" Motard to 21 enduro. I think they can even machine you hubs. They do for other bikes....
  3. blakebird Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Super Tenere
    For the price I like RAD wheels and hubs, and have had Woody's Wheel Works build a few sets for me over the years for dirtbikes.
    Nothing wrong with Excel, I've had many of them too.... the RAD stuff is very nice as well, and damn tough.

I'm lucky that Woody's is a ten minute drive from the office :D
    Toyboy likes this.
  4. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is lucky and unlucky, or would be for me.. I would have a set a wheels for each week of the month..I just got a set of wheels relaced by them. Thanks for the tip on the RAD stuff. Will look them up. I did find a lead on buying the excel rims separately but want to explore a few more options. Thx
  5. danielcure Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500. CR250, CBR400, CBR600RR, VTR1
    Let me know how goes Toyboy i will do the same...
  6. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Will do
  7. blakebird Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Super Tenere
    A note on the RAD stuff. I had CACR hubs and wheels with stainless HD spokes.
    They had a "budget" wheel, which by name sounded sort of chintzy to me....but after Woody explained it to me, the difference in price is related not to quality or finish, but to how much machining is required.
    The 'budget' stuff has slightly less weight machined off by additional passes thru the mill - so it's a bit beefier, slightly heavier (miniscule amount), and less expensive.
    Ask Chris or Woody if you end up giving them a call...

I put a set on an XR628 that was put thru years of tough rocky stuff without an issue. A similar set on an XR650R that was equally tough and good looking.

http://www.radmfg.com/
    FabOneUp likes this.
  8. Ignaciob Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada --> Terra (aka Noxeema)
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 Yamaha FJR (x2), 75 Honda CB400F
    Thanks for that nugget! I Googled a half dozen different ways and couldn't find it until I actually signed up here after buying a Strada. With that information it seems I have an additional option for a spare set of spokers via used market.
  9. socalrob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GSA
    I would think the Terra & the Strada would share axles. I noticed the cast Strada wheels are stamped "BMW" in the casting, so seems it likely that the wheel bearings and axles are BMW spec stuff too.

IMO the cast Strada wheels are pretty nice compared to cast wheels found on lower end / mid level Japanese bikes. A nice touch is the 90 degree steel valve stem coming out of one of the "spokes".
    nev.. likes this.
  10. Andrew P Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Has anyone put the excel style rims on? any pictures?
  11. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    I have these if anyone is interested. Collecting dust in my garage. Came off 2015 rmz450 dirt bike image.jpeg
    PaulC likes this.
  12. cmcmullin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Terra 650
    I found used/damaged wheels off of ebay for $150 USD, snipped the spokes and sent the hubs to Woody's. They procured the 17" excel wheels and spokes, powdercoated wheels/hubs black, laced them up, bought/mounted the rubber with Tubeliss system, balanced and returned them to me. Not cheap, but done perfectly... all in for $1700 USD. Thanks.

TR650.jpg 20150605_122514.jpg
    HV71, WoodsChick and nev.. like this.
  13. Andrew P Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Looks good
  14. MatLax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    I've got a set of 21"/17" for sale with tires, disc and ABS ring, they're OEM though...
  15. Huskyrico Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm990,drz400,rmz450,RM250,CBR900RR,
    hey MatLax!
    I am interested, how much do you want for these? and would you ship to CH?

Regards

Rico