1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Electrical Question On 2010 Te 450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by paulfryy, Aug 25, 2018.

1. paulfryy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2010 TE 450, which has been a great bike. I installed some new LED turn signals, and new flasher relay to work with the LED.

However I went to get my bike inspected (I'm in Massachusetts, one of the strictest states), and they said that my lights (turn signals, brake lights, high beam, etc...) have to all be fully functional without the bike running. As of right now the headlight turns on and the taillight turns on, but with the key turned and bike off the high beam, brake light, and turn signals do not work. When the bike is on everything works great.

Does anybody know if it is a quick fix to get the lights to work with the bike off? Why is this a regulation?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can provide any more details let me know. IMG_0948.jpeg

Thankfully the bike was passed, but it's definitely something I'd like to fix before next season.
  2. paulfryy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    if it's like most italian huskys, you can put a switch on the DC relay which should do the trick.

weirdly, the last of the italians had no key and the lights would not stay on after 7 seconds after the engine killed. I'm not sure that the 20 min rule (IIRC) is still in the Fed. regulations and the only reason behind it was for stalls at night I believe.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The behavior of your lights is the way they came stock and the bike was 50 state legal that way.

No brake light unless the motor was running.

I need to check my car and see if the horn and brake lights work with the ign off.
  5. paulfryy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Thank you both for the help,
    when I bought the bike it was not street legal in Massachusetts because the taillight was integrated, and in Mass. your turn signals must be 6 in. away from the centerline of your bike, so I had to rewire and get some stemmed turn signals, so unless the guy before me took off the factory signals and replaced it with an integrated taillight/turn signal, it was never legal in Mass :(

I'm hoping the guy who told me the lights need to run with the key in the ignition (but bike not running) was wrong, I'll have to try somewhere else this year and see what they say.

Thank you again
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like I said, that bike was 50 state legal with the lights behaving just as you describe.