1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc EFM clutch question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Aug 5, 2009.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

what the procedure for changing the clutch plates when a bike equiped with one of these clutches?

2006 WR125, bike.

it looks like your supposed take all the little allen head bolts out.

any info is welcome.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Joe / Norm will be by to verify but I'm sure that is right. Remove the pressure plate via the little screws on the basket.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

remove all those little allens and remove pressure plate. remove old fibers and steels. Add new ones
    tighten the little allens.

Done

How long did your plates lasts?
    Mine never wore out and Norms are still going strong in an 02!

If they wore fast then the shim "behind " the basket is wrong thickness
    Joe
  4. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

they arent slipping yet but the other day after washing the bike i bumped it in gear and the rear tire locked up like a bike with a normal clutch would do.

im thinking i have a/some warped clutch disk/s.

im not that nice to the poor little clutch so i can see my fat a$$ causing some trauma to the it, not to mention the guy who had it before me was of larger porportions.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

When I ran my WR 360 out of coolant(ripped the hose) and nursed it home(very hot) it warped two of the steel plates. I replaced those and it was as good as new. Efm makes a bullet proof auto clutch. It reacted just like yours and I didn't need to do anything other than replace the steel plates that are warped. You will see the warped plates like a neon sign. They are colored light and dark where the warping is.

Walt