1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Ecu 2 problem (wre 125)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Giannis90, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    Hello people, six months before I had to change piston just to 1800 kilometers due to my faulty oil pump. I went the bike (wre 125 model 2007) to my official husqvarna dealer to do the proper changes and after the replacement when I turned on the engine I saw that the temperature indicator was on and there was also the phrase ecu 2 on the display. I turned on the engine normally but the power is much more low than it should be.

The funny one is that when I returned the bike back to the dealer to fix the problem, they told me that they don't know what exactly this is and they need to connect it to a computer in order to set it up but they can't.

I searched through the forum but I didn't find something satisfying. Could you tell me what the problem has to do about, and the way it can be fixed as well and the price?

Thank you in advance. :)
  2. DirtyDan Husqvarna
    B Class

how do! who is your Husky Dealer?

I know I have knocked the wire of my temp sensor a few times & the light flashes & ECU2, did they even try a different sensor?

did you get any signs that your pump was gona go?

i just went thru a shit load of trouble with my WRE was off the road for months, back on the road now!

o yeah what spark plug do you have in her?

Dan
  3. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    The de
    The dealer is called super bike and is located in Thessaloniki, co-capital of Greece. They did absolutely nothing because I got the problem after the piston changing. When I turned the ignition on and i saw the ecu 2 indication, I asked about it but they said that they couldn't fix it.

No, I hadn't any signs from the oil pump that it was faulty. The pump as they send didn't send the proper oil and the result was the expected. And we are speaking about a brand new bike, without anything being replaced and with its original piston.

I was searching through the Internet and I read many things but I am still confused. Ecu 2 has to do something with the tps (throttle position system) which is located somewhere in the carb? Because as I said and on the beginning the power is lower than it should be. And if eventually is that the problem, have you any idea about the price in order to fix it, because like you said my husky is out for months and I wanna really ride again.

Thank you!
  4. DirtyDan Husqvarna
    B Class

ah I thought you in UK sorry, electronics on these bikes is major head ache, trying to find the problem as it can be many things as i found out.

Did you check the wire going to temp sensor on left hand side near the fuel tap?

was looking at carb brake down on the parts cat

http://docs.wavenetworks.us/parts//2007 WRE-SMS 125 Parts.pdf

not sure on the TPS, just looks like another sensor as there is only one wire going to carb.

man the low power thing could be on the work that was done too, so hard to say.

If I was you id call Husky Sport Uk & ask for Peter in the workshop, he is very helpfull & might
    know!
  5. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
  6. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    I also had alot of trouble with my 2003 wre 125 when the oilpump failed it needed new main bearing a crank rebuild new seals and a pistion i only run premix now to be on the safe side.
  7. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    Then I had to leave, and I am still away from home working as a lifeguard, so I hadn't time to search it more by myself.
    It's not that the temperature sensor that worries me because as you said might be just the wire as the ecu 2 indication, the low power and all these staff.

Referring the husky sport uk, is there any other way to communicate with them except telephone? Email maybe?
  8. Giannis90 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    Maybe husqvarna should take more care about the electronics to these bikes (especially to wre,smr,etc), because I meet all the more people with the same problems..

How much did you pay for all these? (Except the piston)

Yeah, my next thought after I'll fix it is to go premix in order or to have the same problems in the future.
  9. DirtyDan Husqvarna
    B Class

Phone would be best dont think he e-mails!

Is the bike starting & ticking over as it was, you might be better to find a better mechanic, you
    think the main dealer is a good choice but you may be better asking about & find a good local mech.
  10. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    I
    aid
    I paid £300 for the main bearings, seals and the crank rebuild the piston was another £70