1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Dual-sporting a 2010 TE 450, with cheap tricks

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 13, 2010.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Took the BGP out to Big Bend for its maiden shake-down run, it did what I needed: decent handling for my limited skill set, no dirt naps, nice 60mph on the straight stretches, stone-cold reliability, 40mpg, with my 1.3 gallon backpack gas, I've got a solid 160 mile range. Looks like I found my new 5 year bike, already ordered a Seat Concepts tallboy foam, will raise the handlebars with some washers and have me a desert/forest road blaster. Thanks to all you guys who rode with me for 4.5 years on the TE450. I sure wish I would have gotten it out to Big Bend, it was made for that terrain.

[IMG]
    duggoey, Trenchcoat85 and 268fords like this.
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Possibly the last pic to be posted of the legendary TE450, it's been 5 years to the month since the bike was put into service in the dirt. It's been stolen from RollingJ, he had gotten it fixed up real good, although it still had the cutting board chain guide and the homemade exhaust heat guard and seat cover. Long live the Italian big blocks, especially the 450.....

[IMG]
    duggoey, 268fords, ripnriding and 2 others like this.
  3. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    What a shitty way for the story to end :mad:
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

The story may not be over, we'll have to wait and see, something amazing could happen, ya never know.....\\On a happier note, I took the DR650 out to Big Bend again, riding solo for the first time in many years, I knew I had reliability on my side, I bobbed the rear fender, put on an enduro taillight and Seat Concepts tall foam, the DR is so simple and durable, its been a pleasure getting to know it.

[IMG]
    268fords, Xcuvator and benwiggin2 like this.
  5. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Thanks for all the information along the way . I'm sorry to see it go , I'll never get rid of my BB Red Head . I should have kept my 98 TE610 , that was another legendary motorcycle . Good luck with the new ride .
    268fords likes this.
  6. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    AND THE 510 !!
    starrblade and 268fords like this.
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    wait.... WHAT!? How'd I miss that! OHR (well, RollingJ now I guess) what's the story? and any hope of recovery?

sorry to hear about this... I almost feel like I know the bike, after, uh-mmmm, (wow- 5 years now you say. Are you sure? 'cause it seems like only a couple of months ago when you got it).

Good luck with the DRZ, OHR. And RollingJ, keeps us posted- I hope things turn out okay for you.
    duggoey likes this.
  8. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    I truly enjoyed and learned from the journey. I too sold my trust 07 te 450 to an appreciative gent a few hundred km away and went a different route
    ....trying my hand at a 2010 cr 144...let the jorney continue ;)
  9. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Wow! She'll be back.
  10. Mathieu_te510 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650 2000, Cy50 1991
    Red it from the beginning to the end. Proudly owning a 2010 TE510 with 2000 miles and was wondering of turning it into a enduro bike. That's a very great paper work you did there, thanks a lot it's going to help me a lot.

We might cross our path on big bore machine, I do own a klr650c 2000 too, which is very similar to the DR. Great bike but weight kill it.
  11. Erock MJ Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Does anyone know what the symbol Above my neutral light is? On a 2007 husky 450 te? It looks like two little ovals with three lines coming out of each one. Any help would be appreciated, I have no idea wtf I'm doing. It's obv not the neutral light or the high beams or the blinker or the low gas. So I'm guessing, engine temp? Oil temp or pressure? Valves? Please help me I'm so lost

Attached Files:

12. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I think that is parking lights.
  13. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
    Hello
    This a subject .... can tell yo:applause: u.
    Learned a lot ( now only page 8 ) : about what to do with my SWM 500 , in prevention of mu Morocco
    big ride ( over 5000 all included )
    Mostly the hog stuff i assume : from the coolant radiators, from the gas filter .

As i will not be able to fix the valves clearance , I hope oil filter and oil changes plus usual are or air filter plus cool riding will be enough :notworthy:.
    And this is supposed to be less powerfull and easier