Dual Sport Desert Daze - Benson, AZ March 8-11 2012

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by AZuwere, Jan 18, 2012.

1. AZuwere Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 BMW R1200GSA
    Here's a 4 day event about 60 miles east of Tucson with various levels of rides/routes from pure pavement for big adventure bikes to challenging single track.

Details at http://www.dualsportdesertdaze.com/

I'll be bringing both my 1200 GSA and my TE449. Hope to see other Huskys there!
  2. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    All the months I spent working in Chandler, I never did any riding. Dang it...
    I remember heading North one day and seeing some bikes unload at a gas station in Black Canyon, anf take off riding from there
    Thought that was cool
  3. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    Thanks for the FYI! Adding all the Events we could possibly reach to a calendar!

We have Anza on 25th. If all goes @ anza, well we will drive out for this event on the 8th!
    TE 310 and Te 511
  4. sethro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I am planning on going, can't wait

Sethro
  5. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Anyone know what the longest Loop will be? Wondering if extra Fuel will be needed?
    (Edit) (Found the GPX file, opened this up, overlay on Google earth, searched for gas stations and added for Way points. All good now! :D )
    Ken
  6. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Summer: Ontario, Canada / Winter: Arizona, USA
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    Thanks for the info. I will not be able to make it this year, I am in the frozen north land, but have purchased a house in Gold Canyon area which closes in May. So it is on my calendar for next March. Have a great time.
  7. AZuwere Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 BMW R1200GSA
    Let us know when you get out here! Gold Canyon is nice, and the Peralta trail hike next door is one of the best in the state.
    I had to cancel my own trip to Desert Daze, too much business travel, can't be gone all the time!
  8. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will be out at the Ranch Thursday night. Bummer :cool: on having to cancel your ride. Let me know if you have any suggestions on scenic routes. I was looking at the GPX files and some of the areas are a long ways out from camp.

Ken
  9. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    I will let you know when we get set up and I am ready to ride, it would be great to ride with someone who knows the area.
  10. AZuwere Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 BMW R1200GSA
    By May we'll start cooking down here in the valley, but it is still possible to do some things if you get up early enough and get out there. Just to your east is a really nice 40 mile loop ride in the Queen Valley area. It's also called Montana mountain. Gillies and I did it on our 449's in January, and I'll be happy to teach you the route.
  11. AZuwere Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 BMW R1200GSA
    I honestly don't know that area for dual sporting, so I was looking forward to learning something new. I also noticed some of the routes came all the way back up here to Phoenix, way out of the range and comfort level of the 449. I hope there are routes closer than the gpx files show. Anyway, I'm all signed up for ADVrider.com's Westfest in Colorado, so that will make up for missing this one!
  12. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    Thanks for the offer,:) that would be great:banana: , I am getting real excited about being down there. I will keep you posted on my status.
  13. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great Weekend. First few days weather... COLD! :eek: and I packed for warm weather! Learned allot about Arizona, (Private Ranch, Land Trust, gates for Cattle and what Land Trust were :confused: maybe....) I was able to meet some new people and Ride to some towns and learn some history!