1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Dual Map Handlebar Switch

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tinken, Aug 20, 2012.

1. michaelyogi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE 310, '14 FE 250
    Ok so I've seen the screen where I can configure a switch. I take it this is the place to start. I ask cause I have the blue button on the bars of my '09 TE 310. I have also been setting up two maps. One for mpg and the other for power. It'd be totally cool to have this working.
  2. michaelyogi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE 310, '14 FE 250
    Well, because I got no response here I called the Power Commander people about this. They said the blue button does what the the blue button does and has no effect on the Power Commander. They recommended I wire a separate button to the PCV and enable the switch in the PCV settings.
    If someone knows something different it be nice to hear about it.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'm not sure what you were referring to a "Blue" button, mine is black. I am assuming it was to control your stock ecu? You could either wire that switch to your PCV or a new one. Might want to look into those perch mounted switches for on the fly switching.
    alomas likes this.
  4. michaelyogi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE 310, '14 FE 250
    OK I got it. Misunderstanding on my part. I'm wiring a new switch in. I have a blue button which came stock on the bike.
  5. Mattyjj Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC511
    Hi all, I'm about 2yrs into a txc511 and searching for a bit more just wondering if this switch or similar would work in conjunction with and tuner??
  6. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    Not sure if the TXC511 is the same, but I have a 2010 TE250 and got the map switch (button is blue on mine) and have a JD tuner and the map switch still works, and there's a noticeable difference with the map switch. If you have a powercommander, though, you can setup a switch for it to switch PowerCommander maps, not to be confused with switching maps in the stock ECU. On my TE250, the stock 'dry' mode has a little more abrupt power delivery, a little more power up top, but tends to bog a little at low RPM, the 'wet' mode is better down low, but feels like it has a small loss of power. For my riding, the 'wet' (SEL2) mode is much better, unfortunately it defaults back to the dry (SEL1) mode every time you turn the key off. It would be nice to just stay in SEL2 mode.
  7. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N
    Will a dual map switch work on a '10 TE 250 without having dashboard ?
  8. Gnarly Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 250 sxf, 1977 kz1000,
    Hey guys,

i just got a 2014 txc 310r. It has a blue switch on the handle bar, I was told its a map switch. How do i use it?