1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Downloadable Service Manual Availability

Discussion in '4st' started by geedavid, Mar 15, 2017.

1. geedavid Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC 450
    Looking for a downloadable service manual for the 2015 FC 450. Don't mind paying. Thanks!
  2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    It's not downloadable (unless you know a very good decryption hacker dude), it's $25.19 USD and covers FC/FE 14-16 models.
  3. geedavid Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC 450
    I don't even know a very bad hacker dude. Any information on where to get would be appreciated.
    JonXX likes this.
  4. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Email "bmp at teleport dot com" or phone 888-806-1153 M-F 9-6, Sat 9-5 Pacific
  5. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    How are you prevented from copying the PDF file? I know there are settings to prevent copying text/images from the PDF, but I don't know how someone could be prevented from copying the file, itself.

Even if it was password protected and encrypted, the password could just be shared.

What exactly happens when you copy the file and try to open it on another device?
  6. zoomdude57 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200XC-W
    Technically possible but illegal - copyright laws. $25 seems reasonable for a repair manual.
    MotoXImage and JonXX like this.
  7. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I would agree, except ordering it to Canada, it ends up costing from $53-$60.

I tried to order it locally, but they didn't even have a listing for it, possibly because they're a KTM dealer, not Husqvarna.

They should have just included it with the bike.
  8. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    In order:

It's not a PDF file

It requires the disc to operate, not a password

Upon attempting to open the file (really a self-contained application), a window appears instructing you to insert the disc. If you don't, within 30 seconds the self-contained application shuts down, and you realize that you have a useless 9GB file on your computer.
  9. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Interesting. Does it provide any additional functionality over the old PDF style manuals?
  10. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't use the service manuals on a daily basis, so I really can't speak with authority on their functionality other than to say that they're very different, and at my cursory glance over them when installing them on our terminals, they're very well done and laid out.

The parts manuals are awesome though! The main sections are Frame and Engine, then labelled subsections within each, and the subsections are divided into smaller chunks. In some sections it's better, in other sections you still play the "what did they put this with" guessing game. In a parts grouping page it's pretty cool, you can mouse over a part reference number on the drawing and it'll light up the part number and description in the sidebar. Likewise, if you mouse down the sidebar where the part numbers and descriptions are, it'll light up the reference number in the drawing. Then you can click on things and generate a parts list (which, if you don't print or screenshot, will disappear when you close the application).
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I think it's really a matter of KTM being very saavy about not letting money slip through their fingers. It takes a long time to put together a good manual, especially if they are interactive. They want to recoup those costs.
    JonXX likes this.
  12. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Pretty sure I only paid ~$30 for the CD from my local Husqvarna dealer in Calgary.
  13. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    For which bike? Your profile shows a TE630.

Unfortunately, I don't have a local dealer. The closest is about 5 hours away.
  14. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Good news for me! A closer bike shop (about an hour away) just became a new Husqvarna dealer.

I was able to order the Workshop DVD through them for $30, along with some other Husky parts.

It's too bad, though, as they used to be be half that distance. Then again, they almost closed up shop before moving, so I shouldn't complain.
  15. sl00thy Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15 fc450 / 17 fx350 / 14 350xc-f
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 bmw r1200rt / 73 bmw r75
    my issue is my pc nor laptop have a cd rom - kinda a obsolete thing with usb flash drives. i had to buy a external one.