Don't look now but....

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Toyboy, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    ALmost but really not a good tool to measure "mark up." Remember that Husky was bought out as we all know and we really have no way of knowing what figures were used on existing units etc. Surely at a reduced rate as part of the "lot" purchase.
    I don't think this is a liquidation maneuver as some stated or fear, but just the new ownership looking to get some of initial investment back into the coffers so to speak and sell off the bikes quickly. They got them right, dump them and on to the next big event. It really makes sense.
  2. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pretty stinking cheap. Prices that won't be seen again for a very long time if ever. Now you know why i might have another new dirt bike for a used bike price....Can't pass it up
  3. Nordic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20
    What? No two for one?
    Toyboy and LandofMotards like this.
  4. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Ken,
    Thanks brother but we are totally good. I didn't take it personally. Was more relieved than "vindicated" actually. Was worried that I was the little boy crying wolf more than anything. I knew info was fresh but thought there are more "in the know" people than me on here that would have heard it as well and would have echoed my statements. You said it best and I was really only posting it for the good of the order in the long run.
    One thing I learned about forums, texts and emails is that without the inflection of the spoken word, it is easy to be mis-understood. So again, no worries on my end, thank you for your post.
    Now, the most important thing for me is to do my financial "goesintas" and try to figure out if I can swing a deal on a 2 stroke bike. Always wanted a WR150.......hmmm a Strada would be nice too... So many bikes, so little time.......
    HuskyDude likes this.
  5. blakebird Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Super Tenere
    I've seen deep discounts on Husqvarna a few times before....when BMW dropped the $8,999 price of the TE 630 to $6499 for instance.
    My TE 310 came heavily discounted as well (mid $5k)

This isn't the place for politics - but since you've thrown out your opinion....

In my opinion - Fox news is the one place you don't get a severely left-skewed view of things.
    I prefer that, they are my first choice.
    Mike-AK, Xcuvator, Beemermcr and 5 others like this.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    No truer words have ever been typed... and that is the entire reason for these types of symbols, which help tremendously :cheers:

As far as all the other back and forth.... there is a constant ebb and flow of rumors behind the scenes, while all of them have sound plausible and in the correct context are at least partially true - I've found it best to ignore them until either there is enough evidence from enough people where it is common knowledge, or something is publicly announced.

And if things are apparently posted too early on this site, I've found it is best to wait & see as opposed to possibly dismissing (or confirming) the information publicly.
    Toyboy likes this.
  7. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Contacted dealer over here. Theres no worldwide Husky-HQ-instigated sale. Husky policy is that national importers deal with rebates, not HQ. Therefore its hardly fire sale from Husky as a company per se. Its just US importer's step towards clearing current inventory.
  8. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    All that I was able to confirm is what some have already found out and posted. 1000 off on Strada's, 800 off on Terra's, 2500 rebate on any dirt bike. Applies to what is left in inventory on dealer floors and what is in importer's stock. Probably going to grab a new WR125 with the 150 kit. Only 2 stroke available.......
    Mario could very well right, might just be the US importer cleaning out house but certainly better than a sharp stick in the eye.....
  9. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Dang, I wish I had waited a couple weeks to buy.
  10. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Still not seeing the promo anywhere in writing. Has anyone seen an official publication yet?
  11. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This apparently was for dealer eyes only, I wasn't aware of that part til mentioned further up in the post but did confirm that part too. I don't think you will see anything at least at the moment from Husky.
  12. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    My buddy just put down a deposit on a Strada too because of this deal. He too was looking at the BMW F700GS--though I was trying to get him to do a head-to head demo with the Husky. After he heard about the special pricing he decided to bite on the Husky. He is planning to demo the bike saturday morning just to be sure he likes it. We already know how that is going to go :)
  13. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Although I'm sure it's just a matter of time...no official rebates announced in Canada...yet.
  14. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Ha, funny how things go crazy. I was just razzing ya.

Rebates to clear the '13s from the floor is one thing. Heck there are still '12s on show room floors. I really didn't think any sale would happen on the TR650s beings they can't keep them on the floor.

They just had that $1500 rebate on a lot of bikes that ended at the end of February, my guess would be that they didn't clear out as much as they wanted and decided to do another round. Bumping the amount though is a bit hard on dealers. I would assume that a lot of these dealers with the really good prices would have seen the last round of rebates as the best deals that were going to happen, took initiative and bought up the bikes on their floor that didn't sell, so that they could pass that savings onto the customers. In that scenario, dropping the price an additional $1k would sting a bit.

And to make sure things don't get too far off topic, I obtained a spy photo of a 2014 WR 300. Enjoy.

KTMHusky.png
    Toyboy likes this.
  15. beavis Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 HD FLTRX 2013 Triumph Scrambler
    I just called my dealer to put a deposit down on a Terra. He said that he called his rep today after receiving my e-mail and was told that program doesn't go into effect until the end of this month. He said nothing official yet. Who knows? I'm getting impatient.:banghead:
  16. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    Hey Nev, did you get this deal? If so, how long did it take for Husqvarna Aust to pay up? I've been waiting two weeks...
  17. Nordic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20
    Just bought my 2012 TE310 last Saturday. It is an awesome bike had for a great deal. Sounds like it might have been an even better deal this weekend, but then again who knows. Perhaps this is only for 2013s. What I do know is that I will be riding and enjoying it just the same. Springtime in MO!
  18. Beemermcr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra - "Burro"
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 BMW 1200 GSA, 2000 DRZ400e
    Did some checking and it seems the rebates are to the dealers: how much goes to the buyer is up to negotiation. The rebates are to clear the stock in the BMW USA pipeline out to the dealers rather than reposition it to the KTM system, supposedly. My guess is that Pierer AG paid very little for Husky and each bike in the pipeline actually has a very low imbedded cost to Pierer and moving them out quickly will return a lot of the purchase price back to Pierer.

The amounts referred to in the early post seem to be what I was told. Might be a great time to pick up another Husky!!
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    so what would a wr or cr125/150 theoretically be goin for?
  20. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    LandofMotards likes this.