Digi dash fault

Discussion in '610/630' started by Flynn, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Hiya a little niggle with my new shape 610, the digi dash seems to cycle through the functions by itself and the speedo and odo stop at seemingly random intervals, so it only measures about 1/3rd of the miles I cover.

I've checked the magnet in the brake disc and it seems fine, I fear it's a fault with the digital unit itself which can't be replaced (none on eBay).

I was just wondering if it was a common problem but if not doesn't matter.
  2. Fingaz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Having a similar problem with mine right now. The speedo stopped working on mine 3 days ago.

'07 610
  3. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I've has a lil read on some old threads and the advice is to disconnect the battery and reconnect it.

I've tried that and it still cycles the functions when riding and the speedo still goes to 0 much after 60.

I think it might be two seperate problems.

Perhaps the magnet has got weak over the years and doesn't make a strong enough signal at the higher speeds.
  4. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes.It should work again
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes

I had the same problem.

I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and it crapped out again.

I then disconnected the battery for the winter about 2 months and then it worked fine.
  6. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Holy...2 months?? lol, maybe I'll try it overnight first, thanks for the tip!
  7. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250

Yip, these dashes need a loooooong time to discharge.
    I leave mine for about 5 days and that works out fine.
    If moisture gets into the unit it will go moggy, in which case it needs a good while to dry out and must be disconnected during this time to assist with the drying process.
  8. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well due to being sent the wrong cam chain, my bike has been down since Friday evening where I disconnected the battery, I don't think I will get it running again until tomorrow (Wednesday evening) so I will see if that will be enough
  9. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well its been six days disconnected and it's still playing up. Cycling through the functions, speedo going to 0 and randomly switching off completely. Don't think they can all be fixed that way unfortunately!
  10. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250

6 days should be more than sufficient for an electrical discharge
    Then it is not a discharge / reset issue.
    Could be a problem in the wiring harness goint to the Dash

I currently have an always on fuel reserve light on my SMS
    Have swapped tanks with my TE so its not releted to fuel reserve thermistor in the tank.
    If I turn the handle bars to full left lock, the light goes off, so the problem must be in the harness around the neck area.
    Think the wire for the fuel reserve light is earthing against the frame, (given the way the fuel thermistor works etc).

So I would explore your wiring harness and plug connector on the dash.
    Failing that, your dash could be toast.
  11. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    I think that button in left corner is culprit. That is what changes functions,and if you press it long enough,will allso reset the dash. How to fix is much more difficult...But i have dissassembled mine,with some mild violence...Anyhow it did come apart in a way that it still can be put together.
  12. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    The dash is still faulty on mine, I will investigate the connectors, but I have solved the problem of the speedo going to 0 at higher speeds.

I had a suspicion that it was the brake rotor magnet that had become weak over time and it turned out to be correct.

Before when I went over about 55 the speedo went to 0, now I had it on the highway and I saw 70 on it which I've never seen before!

So that's one fault solved, just the occasional switching off and cycling through the functions left to solve!
  13. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I think that button in left corner is culprit. That is what changes functions,and if you press it long enough,will allso reset the dash. How to fix is much more difficult...But i have dissassembled mine,with some mild violence...Anyhow it did come apart in a way that it still can be put together.

I agree, I've tried pressing it in every which way for varying amounts of time and it doesn't seem to do anything though! If it was stuck down I would have thought a simple pressing and releasing would unstick it.
  14. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    My wiring harness on the gear shift side of the bike was tucked, and pinched a bit, in between the radiator and the frame so as to keep it in place.
    But fiddling around there I noticed that the always on reserve light suddenly went off (as it should be).

So I have moved the harness away from the radiator especially seeing that radiator heat will over time heat the wires and that heat will be conducted all the way onto the electrical compents in the dash - not a good idea.
    I have now tie wrapped the harness onto the main frame away from the radiator and so far the reserve light is now staying off untill the tank reaches reserve.

I am hoping that has permanently fixed my always on fuel reserve light.
  15. FlavioSilva Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 husqvarna 610 sm
    Hello. André disse you buy your rotor magnet? Thanks