Dellorto phm 40 rejetting jetting question

Discussion in '610/630' started by johnclearysm610, Aug 21, 2014.

1. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    Recently I fitted 2 akrapovic straight through silencers to my 2000 610e. Adjusting the mixture screw smoothed out 1/4 throttle and stopped any backfiring on decel from low throttle. Getting some backfiring on decel from mid to full throttle. Is this normal with straight through pipes? And should I increase or decrease the size of the main jet to stop the backfiring on decel after full throttle? My mix screw is nearly 2.5 turns out I just kept turning it a quarter of a turn out from 1.5 until It stopped backfiring on low throttle. Also if I change the main jet will I have to change the idle jet too even though it runs fine at 1/4 throttle? Thanks
  2. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Can anyone help?
  3. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    No experience with that specific carb but speaking to carbs in general, I wouldn't worry about a little popping at higher rpm's. Changing the main jet won't help that anyway (as soon as you let off the throttle the needle plugs the mj). Try taking the mix screw out a little more.

johnclearysm610 likes this.
  5. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Back firing on decel is not necessarly a function of jetting.
    It's only lighting off the unburnt gas thru the ingestion of air into the exh system either thru the head pipe mounting or thru the slip connects in the system.
    Some have jetted it out but all they are doing is to add or reduce the amount of fuel so it doesn't pop off.
    You jet for ride ability and performance with an open system it's just going to pop more from the lack of back pressure and free flowing exh.

Seen many many perfectly jetted bikes pop.

On excelleration the pop is either lean misfire or electrical mis fire.
    Later George
    johnclearysm610 likes this.
  6. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks think I'll just leave it as it is then. It's pulling well on acceleration with no misses or flat spots. Thanks dyno bob. Thanks George.