Davi Millsaps Joins Team BTO Sports-KTM-WPS

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It's a small motorcycle world and welcome back DM18

--

Team BTO Sports – KTM – WPS is proud to announce the signing of multi time Monster Energy Supercross winner and the defending 2014 Monster Energy Cup Supercross champion, Davi Millsaps to the team effective immediately. Millsaps will debut with the team when he contests the 2015 Monster Energy Cup, where he will look to defend his 2014 MEC title. He will then make a full run at the entire 2016 Monster Energy Supercross season with Team BTO Sports – KTM – WPS, along with newly announced team sponsor Creative Sports Concepts. Millsaps will be joining current team riders Andrew Short and Justin Brayton, to make Team BTO – KTM – WPS one of the strongest line ups in the premier class for the new SX season.

Davi may be seen shaking down his new BTO – KTM – WPS ride as early as today out at Elsinore on the MX track. Please look for a full team press release on this news later this week from the team, and welcome Davi Millsaps to the team.

[IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    been some interesting web chat about this. Seems he kinda hated the KTM a few years ago but the new bike is drastically changed. I wish him the best, really like that guy and thought he was the next big thing.
  3. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    A few years ago? It was last year he has a contract to ride it and never saw 1 event...

Bike must be so much better now that he got dropped for possession of some unknown substance.

Later,
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I read in testing he was struggling with it. Had rode them before and did not like them. There's an interview with him somewhere before KTM saying he did not like the feel of them personally.

- Everyone says the new KTMs are a very different animal. Actually sounds like I might like them more. Stability being much better.
    jmetteer likes this.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Odd move for sure. I wonder if he realized he only has a couple years left to make money racing bikes? Better to take a ride on a bike you don't like than no ride at all?
    jmetteer likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Here's another interview and he talks on the past yr and that ktm ghost ride ... And a little on this ride ..

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/featu...Butler-Brothers,38580/Slideshow,0/ML512,13480

I guess that SUZ was the last ride he rode well for an entire season and he was hurt towards the end of it... He beat RD5 that yr for 2nd ... He also said SUZ gave him zero help with his bike that yr ... He mentions that bike here also ...