1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Dashboard fail + bad running te 510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by o d e, Feb 20, 2017.

1. o d e Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hi, i have 2010 te 510 with small problem. Few days ago i noticed that i have fail on my dashboard after putting key in and turning electric on. Bike don't need to be running to get fail. Bike start's pretty good as cold and as warm but it's not running perfectly when driving, but you can still drive. When driving it is feeling like it would stop anytime and some times it's backfiring when giving throttle. When pressing death switch the fail goes away, but when i press it agen, i hear sound from fuel pump starting and after that there agen fail on the dashboard.

I tryed to buy new battery if it would have helped, but it did not help. So any clue's where i sould look next. Have watched wires if i would have seen any broken or damaged wires but no. Took also fuel pump out and checked that it had every cable connected.

Thanks!
  2. Shane_79 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Drz 250
    Sounds like we are having the same problems......
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I don't know much about your bike but the things that sometimes cause a fuel-injected Husky to say "FAIL" and to run weird are a bad WTS (CTS coolant temperature sensor), oxygen sensor, and the TPS, ATS, APS (all considered the MAQS but individually replaceable, I believe).

otherwise, it almost sounds like a failing fuel pump/fuel line/filter/injector. But I don't think these generate a "FAIL".

this is a long, but very entertaining read about a dual sporting a husky of your same era (but, really, the lesson is how to trouble shoot a husky): http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/dual-sporting-a-2010-te-450-with-cheap-tricks.15347/
    or (same thread)
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/du...50-with-cheap-tricks.15347/page-7#post-240482

good luck.
  4. o d e Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Okey thanks! i switched cts coolant sensor, but it didnt help atleast.. and one thing is that i don't have that good technical skills to trouble shoot bikes or general thinks, im more like IT guy:excuseme:. I think i have to watch one more time my wires and check all cabel connections.