Dashboard doesn't display correctly

Discussion in '610/630' started by BobPS, Jun 14, 2016.

1. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Hi guys,

Yesterday evening dashboard on my TE630 started to act weird..it didn't display correctly. It's intermittent. It looked like the picture below for some time, then it would work/display normally.
    Here's how the display look like:

dash.jpg

Can you please tell me what happen here with the dashboard and does it mean my dashboard is done and needs to be replaced?

Thanks in advance guys,
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Moisture possibly?

Pull the dash and put it in a bag of rice for a day or so.
    BobPS likes this.
  3. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Thanks RDTCU, I will try that.
  4. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Speaking of that display. Anybody else's has a noticeable delay updating the speed?
  5. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Normal...
  6. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Okay... After I posted this thread I got terrible cold for two days and after I recovered I drove the car instead of riding my bike the past week...and I completely forgot about this dashboard problem.
    This morning I checked the dashboard. I found that the dashboard felt a bit warm when touched. Not a good sign. I checked the battery voltage, it's down to 9.8 volt. So I did what I should've done weeks ago, removed the dashboard.:banghead:

Anyway, I removed it and left it under the sun for about an hour and currently I keep it in my camera dry cabinet. I found that the rubber cover of the button (the button to change the display mode) is torn and has hole on it.

So, I'm thinking that the worst case scenario is I have to buy a new dashboard... if this one doesn't work after a day in the dry cabinet...If it still works I'm going to use it and patch the rubber button.

My questions are: other than the OEM dashboard, is there other brand that is recommended?
    Will I be better off getting the OEM dashboard or an aftermarket one?
    Thanks in advance guys,

Bob
  7. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    If I had to, I'd replace mine with a Trail Tech Vapor and add the indicator light dashboard. That way I would have a temp indicator, shift light, better tach, and the ability to change my speedo calibration when I change between 21 and 17" front wheels.
  8. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Do you have a link to that "indicator light dashboard" That sounds interesting
  9. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    mjskier likes this.
  10. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Moisture is a real problem with these dashes.

Recently had the same issue with mine.
    Left it in a dry place for 8 days, did not help.
    Left it again but this time for 7 weeks - rode other bikes during this period and never looked at it during this time.
    Now it works perfectly.
  11. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Update:

I took the dashboard out of the cabinet two days ago and put it into a box of rice. I took it out of the box today and plug the connector.
    It works, the dashboard works again :banana: So, I patch the mode button with a double tape and a black duct tape to make sure that water can no longer gets in there, cause the (plastic) mode button is cracked. Anyway, after I patched it I put it back on the bike.