Damper / IMS solution

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    might not work for all but buddy Jake just installed one of our new small and close to the steer stem frame clamps and short arm on his Motosportz damper and was able to get the 3 gallon tank on with no mods. I can sell these parts individually or with a damper setup. Email me if interested.

thanks for test fitting this Jake :cheers:

08 TXC250...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    :applause:

Yep can't wait to try the bike with the big tank. :thumbsup:

No more fuel bottles strapped all over this summer. Well not for my bike anyway. :lol:

Later,
  3. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Jeez, I figured Palmer would be ALL over this by now:lol:

Jake, you are now expected to complain about the extra weight from all that fuel making your bike handle like a semi-truck and that graphics options suck. It's nice not having those bottles on the back anymore fo sho :cheers:
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Ok Greg,
    What's up with that statement? I had been asking Kelly many times about a fitment with a different post. I don't need a Damper, I have the Up-tite version and did a write up about the fitment with the POS IMS to close to the head tanks.

Kelly,
    I am very happy you now have a solution to all the people out there that have been waiting for a solution for your damper and a post fitment. Congratulations, you have overcome the lack of a fitment, late, but as I have always said, "better late than never". :applause:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Honestly there is not a good solution period. You had to modify your tank and bike to make a clamp fit. This one is jammed in there and not ideal. That farking IMS tank is a struggle and the bad part is 4 seconds of forethought it did not have to be. Some IMS / huskys have more room in front than others. My 08 TXC450 with this same tank pictured the tank touched the steer stem. I was not there when Jake installed my old tank and the new damper clamp but he said it fit good and was not a big struggle. If i had my TXC450 still I would try to mount it but that would for sure require some forcing it on. It is not a perfect solution but for those that want it will will sell just the frame clamp, actuating arm and pin.

BTW knowing Greg i highly doubt he meant anything by his comments. Nothing to get in a tiff over, sucky situation with the tank, thats all.
  6. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    The IMS tank slid right on, no modifications, no grinding, no filling, nothing. :eek:

I almost gave up before even trying the IMS tank when the stock tank didn't fit right on. Then I stuck my finger in the gas filler and realized the front mount area of the stock tank was not hollow and took it to the bench grinder for some fine tuning. :busted:

I was really surprised when the IMS popped right on, it is a close fit but I didn't have to get out the BFH or anything. :lol:

Later,
  8. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

A bit OT; What's up with the convex mirror attached to the damper?

Doing makeup while riding? Trimming nose hair?:):busted:
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

So he can check to see if his GoPro is recording!
  10. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yep! :thumbsup:

Now instead of me looking at someone and asking "hey is this thing on" at the beginning of every video you get to see my ugly mug in the fisheye...

[IMG]

Later,
  11. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Gary, I completely spaced out that you'd already found a solution. I didn't realize you had gotten something else to work so I figured you'd be excited about the possibility of this clamp possibly fitting the IMS.

:excuseme:

I keep expecting this tank to spring a leak from vibration or hits taken when dropped. Got a NICE gouge on the tip of the right wing from the Desert 100 but still holding its load.
  12. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    What is the minimum gap required from the steering head for the new collar to work? Also, what is involved with swapping the link arm to the shorter one?
  13. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    The link arm swap is a single allen bolt just like the ones that mount the damper. It takes 5 minutes.

I will measure the clearance needed when I get a chance.

Later,
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The upright on the frame clamp takes up about 3/8th to a half inch space. Even if you do not have that much space you can force it on as the plastic will give some or do as others have a heat and flatten the front lug. Might take a little work but should fit about everything.

If you already have a MZ damper here is what you will need to make it work...

[IMG]
  15. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    That looks like the ticket. How much and how quick can I get it?
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    $100 shipped. Send me an Email at Motosportz please (in my sig below)

thanks.
  17. K7MDL Husqvarna
    A Class

Will the ring fit a '07 TE610? Looks like it might. Need someone (like me) to try it out? I have the 5 gal IMS tank and need a post solution for an underbar mounted Scotts. I am guessing this may do the jobbut teh TE610 top clamp has an overhang that the 250 appears not to have. I have about 7/16" clearance bewteen the sterring head tube and tank and could easily reform the tank edge to make 1/2". The top triple clamp takes away about 1/16" of that.
    [IMG]
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have no idea if that will work, my wild as guess is no. the 610 frame and tank are completely different.
  19. K7MDL Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks like the TE610 steering nut is either smaller or the head tube is larger than the 250. Oh well, thanks for looking!
  20. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

The standard motosportz pin mounts over the ims tank for the 610.