"Dakar" 2010

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Ike Baker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stage 8 (and some eye candy)

Burrito finished 29th in the 9th stage (error in my subject line), and maintained 41st position overall. Annie Seel is now 51st overall; Jonah Street held his 7th position. Here's a couple pics; one of Claudio, and two just because:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    A racer crosses desert terrain in stage six of the Argentina-Chile Dakar Rally 2010 between Antofagasta and Iquique, Chile, Thursday, Jan. 7, 2010. (AP Photo/Natacha Pisarenko)

[IMG]
    BMW's driver France's Stephane Peterhansel and co-driver Jean-Paul Cottret cross a valley during the seventh stage of the Argentina-Chile Dakar Rally 2010 between Iquique and Antofagasta, Chile, Friday, Jan. 8, 2010. (AP Photo/Natacha Pisarenko)
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Wow What a downhill and then look at that berm at the bottom!!! :banana:
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

The photo is sideways :) Check out the helicopter in the background.
    I saw footage of this spot in a video. Still, stunning photos! The lone rider in the desert made me feel very lonely!

WoodsChick
  4. Ike Baker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah - I was holding my laptop and rotating it around trying to get the right perspective - even when you orient it relative to the helicopter it looks like a spectacular ride!
  5. Ike Baker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Burrito update

Sounds like Claudio Rodriguez had mechanical problems on today's stage (the 11th stage)- they are currently showing him next to last on the day. Here's an article which may shed some light on his situation (but I can't read it) (edit: translation courtesy of HuskyRips on TT):

Claudio Rodriguez crossed the finish towed and still alive in the Dakar
    The "Burrito" had electrical problems with his bike, and could arrive at the bivouac with the help of Argentine Bernardo Graue quad.

13/01/2010 - 17:17

One step out of the race this afternoon was the Chilean pilot Claudio Rodriguez , who due to electrical problems with his bike must appeal to the "spirit of Dakar", to end the eleventh stage between Fiambalá and San Juan.

The "Burrito" was slowed by more than three hours in the final kilometers of the special of the day, after his motorcycle 450cc Husqvarna submit to electrical failure that prevented him from making it back to bootcamp.

But the classic Dakar fashion the young racer was able to complete the national stage in 6 hours, 37 minutes and 35 seconds, thanks to the help extended by the Argentinean rider quads, Bernardo Graue.

Thus, Rodriguez got out of position 41 ° to 48 ° of the general, also suffering a penalty of 1 hour and 11 minutes for missing checkpoints, but also may reeganchar morning at the twelfth stage, which will run between the towns of San Juan and San Rafael.

At the time of having sustained damage to the bike, Rodriguez walked Chile as the second best on the special of the day, ranked 21st.
    www.latercera.cl

There is also something brewing regarding a law enforcement officer perhaps mis-directing the lead bikes, causing them to lose some time today. Why didn't I listen to my mom when she told me to take Spanish class?
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Peterhansel,,,,always one of my fave Motorcycle racers!!
  8. Ike Baker Husqvarna
    AA Class

12th stage - update

Claudio Rodriguez, after losing some ground due to mechanical issues yesterday, moved up to 46th overall (44th in the stage). Annie Seel is 48th overall, 46th in the stage. These riders have some grit.:cheers: