1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Cylinder head repair

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by sharpie1, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Anyone know somewhere in the west that does Husky (09 TE450)cylinder head repair with very fast turnaround, I need this head back in about 10 days. Damn thing started sucking an intake valve at the worst possible time for me.
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Even if he can't do it (time wise), he might be able to tell you who can, George at Uptite.
    rajobigguy likes this.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've been seeking out who in this area is a mechanic, but have yet to locate one, though obviously there are several around.

I spent a long time at this place last friday, if it were my bike I would at least call them and see if they could do it, or know someone who can:
    http://www.ziptyracing.com
    taps likes this.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
  5. Thanks guys. I'm in a hurry, this bike is getting shipped on the 30th and needs to be able to ride 2600 miles through New Mexico, a little Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah and Nevada. One intake Valve is tightening about .002 every 100 miles and I just discovered this last night. I got a recommendation from Dan at MotoXotica, I shipped the head and Dan is shipping the valves to the shop, should have the head back in a week.

...or ride the old trusty 510 with zero issues in 20,000 miles.
    Mik-3 likes this.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wow. That is the first time I've ever heard of a valve issue like that on a 450, which unless I am mistaken is the same design as your 510.
  7. Yep, I may have sucked in some dirt or something. My 510 is still running like a champ. Head work and new valves is crazy expensive.
  8. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Friend recently had a top end done on his trusty old XR250. Piston, valves, rings cam chain, gaskets $1350 AUD.
  9. I just want let people in Nor Cal and Nor Nev know, Engine Dynamics in Petaluma did a great job with my head and valve job. The head looks brand new. I shipped it to them Monday and I got it back Friday. The cost, (except those damn Husqvarna valves made of unobtainium), customer service and turn around time was great.
    Centerline, benwiggin2 and Coffee like this.
  10. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

Thanks for the referral, I may need it soon...

http://www.enginedynamics.com/
  11. The bike is all back together and ready for the TAT, I'm glad I caught this before setting out on the longest ride of my life.
    Centerline, benwiggin2 and Coffee like this.
  12. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

Where is your trip report gonna be posted?
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I really do not want to loose track of this information, so for the time being I will make this a sticky, and let Oregon Sage figure out where to file it later. He is now the 4st Clerk.
  14. I'll post something here or ADVrider...lots of the same stuff over there though. I'll try to take lots of pics, we'll have to do 200 miles a day so we'll be a little pressed for time.
  15. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650
    Wow Engine Dynamics!! Shop from my past. I remember my big brother had his WR390 bored and head polished there back when I was 16 or 17yrs old-ish.(25yrs ago) The 390 ran better after their rebuild than when it was new! Then years later, had them do my WR400 Works bike after it melted the plastic coolant Y-pipe and seized solid in the desert....and it ran perfect for years! Glad to see they are still around!
  16. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Tim.glad it all worked out for you and hope you have a great trip!Dan
  17. s.hutchinson84 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hi guys, just out of curiosity what causes the valve to sink? My 2011 te310 is having the same problem now, the shop have re shimmed it, but they tell me that next time it won't start it'll need 2 new intake valves. The bike has 4500kms, the hours stopped at 99.3. Also are people slapping new pistons in them when the have the head off or just new rings? Any information would be awesome! Thanks in advance.
  18. s.hutchinson84 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Also, does the engine have to come out of the frame to do the job?
  19. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Wow that sound awesome...Is that your record 20,000 miles is 32,000km, my Husky 20440km/12775miles away that readings....
    My valves are in right messure readings, but i not sure is the little tick tick noise comming at the head. I take some video at engine some day, that noise is same at first day when i buy that Husky in 3 years ago
  20. The 510 just keeps running, most of those miles were hard off road miles, it has since been fitted in SM trim and retired to the street...These motors just have loud heads and slappy valves, I would be more worried if I all of a sudden could not hear the valves ticking.
    Mik-3 likes this.