1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Crank thread to make puller?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by stormer254, Oct 13, 2014.

1. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    Very clever, that will push and pull.
  2. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    The assembly tool from Joe at Jambalaya is excellent, if a tad expensive. But well worth it for the quality.

Steve, what about the M12x1.00 LH tap for the flywheel side ? Did you get one of those too ?
  3. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    I have not bothered, using my 'new pusher' the cases seperated nicley, encouraged with a few taps with a hammer around the dowel locations, a gentle tap with a mallet then removed the crank from the timing side case.:)
  4. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    Pusher and puller tool now made and in use, they make life so easy, the only trouble now is that I have split engines all over the shed , got to get on with a bit of putting back together.

001.JPG 002.JPG
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I made mine similar. They actually work much easier than the husky tools.

Disassembly tool,

I used the flat plate drilled for both sides of the cases for the early case and the newer case. Then one larger hole in the crank location for the pusher. I welded a nut to the end of the 1" diameter pipe spacer then welded the pipe to the plate with small tacks so the plate won't warp. I used 3/4" threaded rod for the pusher.

Assembly tool,

Flat plate same as above. Drill one hole for the pipe spacer. Tac weld the 1 1/4" pipe to the plate. I drilled out a larger nut for clearance for the diameter of the threads on the crank. Make two. Cut two pieces of threaded rods. Weld one nut to one end. Weld a crank nut to each welded nut. Make sure it's centralized. Now turn or grind each welded rod so the welded nuts are round and fit inside the pipe. I used 3/4" threaded rod for the puller. I put large flatwashers on the end of the pipe were we pull from.

Similar to the tools above in the pics.

Now these tools split cases like butter. No big hammer needed with the parts falling out.