CR22 will ride a Husky FC450 this 2018 SX season

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Dec 15, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Reed will ride his own deal FC450 for 2018.

"He'll be on the standard Husky 450 (not the Rockstar Editions), Pro Circuit, Hinson, Dubya, Dunlop, GET, Renthal, X-Trig, KYB suspension through a collaboration of Technical Touch and KYB USA...Boost Mobile as a main sponsor...Fox...Monster...Oakley..."

Team Title sponsor is Boost Mobile.
    "Boost Mobile is a wireless telecommunications brand used by two independent carriers in Australia and the United States. Boost Mobile was originally founded in 2000 by Peter Adderton in Australia and New Zealand."
  2. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Great, another reason to cheer for Chad. Just think, he may end his career a Husky rider. Hopefully healthy.
    street2dirt likes this.
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I doubt that'll keep JA21 from pushing him out of the way while he's on his way to the front :D
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    seems like chad was never afraid to push back. I'm kinda looking forward to it.

I hope he still has speed. OTOH- there's no one faster when CR22 is pissed.

Boost Mobile?? calling 2005... your pager has been found at Blockbuster's VHS rewinding service. Well, at least it's not 1-800-Collect I guess.
    268fords and gaz like this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    running KYB A kit suspension tuned by Pro Circuit/KYB/Technical Touch USA
    LandofMotards and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  6. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    This is the lamest thing I've read all day
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Don't like Aussies or what?? Chad is bad- in a good way. And he don't take shit from anybody- which got him a lot of fans here.

That Trey Canard take-out move is still one of my favorites. Of course, nothing tops K-dub taking out David Vullimen back in '03 (iirc). wow- don't fuck with Windham, either.
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    CR22 is def one of the all time greats. That he's still lining up is a testament to how tough and committed he is and that he still has sponsors is a testament to how good he WAS. Obviously he's still fast, faster than all of us put together on an SX track I guess, but seems to me pretty obvious who'll be out front and it ain't him. :cheers:
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    He's only just started riding this past week due to injury so he won't have much bike fitness/prep/testing done!
  10. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    He can go pretty slow when he is a bit annoyed if it takes his fancy. What a naughty little devil he can be. Cant wait for this years shennanigans. Just hope he keeps himself in one piece.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    big change for him after his long 4stroke career on Alloy Japanese machines with the WP CrMo chassis(?).
    He's the real old guy out there now, but hes the old guy with championships in his pocket. Personally my betting money would not be on him, too many young wild boys. With beat up Roczen coming back, retired Trey and Ryan, I think the SX season is kind of open, no? We should just begin a 2018 SX thread at this point.
  12. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I can't get excited about this...guy will flounder around in 7-10 place and blame the bike in no time.
  13. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I'm sure he knows his level of competativness based on the last few years. I really think he is just thrilled to have a ride and some support.
    jimjim, wrx and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  14. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    probably OBD, I just never liked the guy and his pattern seems well established. Wish him good luck all the same.
  15. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I dig Reed. totally on board with his retaliation on dungey also.

...but he does bitch a lot. OTOH, bitching is different than whining- and somewhat better.

he should be good for a handful of 7ths. There are millions of riders who wish they could be that good. 40 of 'em will not make the night show; those 40 and the 13 behind him could lap you and me in one lap.
    robertaccio and oldbikedude like this.
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I saw an interview with CR22 today (racerX, I believe)... he did not come out and directly say it, but it sounds like just making the night show is gonna be regarded as a win.

probably planning to race himself in to shape over the series. I hope he's up in the top ten asap- I doubt his ego could handle not making the show or the main too long.

oh yeah.. one mo': Goose is his mechanic! he's got a driver.... but that's the entire team. I guess Elly will clean goggles too- while watching the 3 kids.

A1 prediction: Eli, Marvin, Baggett, JA, Jeremy Martin, KR.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nothing said or that I heard but I think Reeds foot/ankle is still messed up , hey he got in and finished the main....
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  18. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Turns out the 16th place Reed pulled down at Houston was with the back brake out. That should help him mentally, I would think. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well he is doing... maybe he can break into the top-10 before mid-season.

Peick is really impressing me (ok- so is Barcia). Not a great qualifier but he finishes on average 5 places higher (average qual pos: 10th, average finish: 5th, starts: 3.5! easier to move back than up). Those are rock solid numbers for someone who habitually pulled down 12ths. remember last year he was constantly tangling with Friese (who's qualifying avg is 9.0th, finishes 12.5) ...actually Friese has stepped his game up incrementally but I can't see him in the top ten consistently- he seems to be somewhat of an a-hole (read: idiot)

Seely better make a move or it's a satellite team next year. An occasional 3rd is hundreds of times better than a string of 4ths, as far as Honda is concerned.

I bet Millsap is rooting against Barcia at this point. I like Davi but this season may be it. I wonder what kinda deal Barcia got- not much salary I'm thinking, just incentive money I bet. hell, maybe he's cleaning up.
    gaz likes this.
  19. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Hitting his early season kpi,s. If the ankle and fitness comes along podiums may follow. He aint the only wounded soldier in the mix. Roczen for me though. Just to be in the mix this soon after a life changing injury is so hard to comprehend. Legend.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  20. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    Chad is super tough. Was at Millville/Spring Creek standing right in front of the big up hill double when he did the huge, scary mid air
    get off and crash landing. Got up and got back on and finished the moto. Very, very impressive toughness and resolve..... all bullshit aside.

Hope to see #21 Mr. Anderson take it to the next level now though......and put the big H on the podium all year long.
    oldbikedude and Trenchcoat85 like this.