1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR/WR 125 Getting Acquainted

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Hendricus, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hendricus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Awesome! Thanks for the input. I agree with your point about how shorter folks learn differently. All of use eventually learn how to stay on the pegs more. I was telling my daughter today that even for me, stopping on a hill can be tricky. Sure being 6'5'' has helped me, but I know a number of short guys that are awesome riders.

One aspect of riding is balance. In the Euro pro ranks, I think a lot of the best enduro dudes competed in trials when they were younger.
    ripnriding likes this.
  2. Hendricus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't know where you ride...even what state, but I ride mostly in the southeast part of San Diego county. This trail is in McCain Valley near the town of Boulevard. The staging spot is called Lark Canyon OHV area.
    Hendricus likes this.
  4. Hendricus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Dirtdame, thanks again for sharing the videos. I like your sure-footed style. We are moving forward with getting a Husky 125. I test rode one yesterday. I want one for myself now :) - well maybe a 250 or 300. I'll post a pic soon.

I'm intrigued by the Lark Canyon area where you ride. Is it a big area? Are there a lot of single tracks similar to the ones you shared, or are these the rare couple of lightly traveled single tracks out there? Are there any difficult climbs in the area?

I recently rode the Hixon and Alesandro trails east of Hemet. (Others have posted video of these trails on Youtube if you are interested.) Great trails, but in half a day you've covered all that's available in this area. I think there are a few unmarked trails in this area, but I don't think there are too many. So I hold this one as 1/2 - 3/4 day trip. A day of riding is never a bad day - well, so long as you keep the wheel side down.

If you were to tell me that the Lark Cyn area is diverse, and that it would take a couple of days to explore it all, I'd be more intrigued to ride it. One of my interest in riding is exploring new areas.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Lark Canyon has a lot of small trails. You could probably explore all the legal stuff in one day. There are lots of rocky slabs to play on also. About ten miles to the west, there is another OHV area called Corral Canyon, which has some black diamond trails. I would be happy to show you around the place. I'll probably be showing another CH member around Lark in a week or two.
    Hendricus likes this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    robbyredneck and Hendricus like this.
  7. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    I have a 2013 WR 125 with 165cc and a 2005 Ally frame YZ125.
    I never had any problem with my YZ- this bike has a build quality like a tank compared to my husky- eventually i will buy a Yamaha WR125 or 250 soon but still keep my husky.
    The WR engine (with stock 125cc) has better low end power, rev further but the yz is such a good package wich is why i love it.
    I also had the older yz 125 form 1996,98,00,01,04- they are all good bikes- but the 2005 on are so much better.
    if i would have the choice between a 1998 husky or yz- i probably would pick the husky.
    Hendricus likes this.