couldn't help myself

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by ryboj, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 Polaris Predator, '86 YZ490
    Well, after wanting one of these for maybe 10-12 years now (some of you know), finally grabbed the right one. I believe this is the cleanest, low hour 570 I've ever seen, so again, I just couldn't say no. It has a small crack in the front fender, that's the only damage on bike.

Only two older owners, both folks super meticulous and never ran hard or long for that matter.

Owner said he thinks it has between 30 and 40 hours. Apparently Bill's MC Plus up there in WA (where I grabbed it), was last to service it not too long ago, and swapped in a nicer TE610 carb and got it dialed in, so hot starting is no longer an issue. Starts good cold too. Bike is basically all stock, even stock exhaust as you can see, haha. Does have full blown bark busters and hand guards however, not pictured.

A friend in WA picked it up for me, and he'll drive it down to me in CA this Feb on his years trip, which saves me a lot of time and money, since I don't need it that fast anyhow, too many other distractions these days. Going there in a few weeks, so I'll get a chance to rip it down his front 5 acres, :cheers:

My 00 410 is going to get super jealous, and I have no idea if I really need both of these bikes, so I may part with it to save space since I have way too may these days.

When it arrives in Feb, I have a strong feeling it will take a trip (hour and a half north of me) to see Mr George and possibly have him make his ridiculously amazing exhaust system among a few other HP tweaks. :popcorn:

Looking forward to pulling back the throttle on a 570 finally! Good times!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. DaveM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motorised Bicycle
    Well done, it is even nicer than my 570!

Put the hand guards on, I have seen a husky motor wrecked because it was dropped at speed, jamming the throttle open.

By the time the Guy picked himself up and ran up to the bike, it was too late, one destroyed conrod.

Cheers, Dave. :)
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    The siren song of the single cammer is hard to resist! Bill had a TE400 a few months back and it was hard to say no. Such a perfect bike in its element... Euro style flowing grass track!
  4. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    DaveM, thanks man! How do you like your 570? Pros and Cons?

I absolutely will, as in keep the hand-guards on. Strong point.

Norman! You know the song all too well my friend. I can't resist these darn bikes. They just ride so darn well....so tractable and all! How did you ever say no to that TE400? Glad I never saw it, otherwise, well, lol. I haven't seen a TE400 for sale in years! Was it Bills Motorcycle Plus you saw it?

Hopefully I can afford to have George do his magic on it....running out of cash, just put a down on another bike a few days back too,.... :doh:

I have this motorcycle obsession, horrible disease....costly I tell ya! :cry: :D
  5. DaveM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motorised Bicycle
    Hi,

I can't think of any negatives!

Just use a good oil and change it after every long ride.

For conrod life, I use Bel-Ray Thumper Racing Synthetic 4 stroke 15w-50.

The thicker 15w-50 makes the engine sound a lot quieter.

The price is good, you can pay a lot more for oil but it is not needed.

I use Castrol Radicool in the radiators, the Premix, as it has 33% Glycol.

When riding a Husky in the woods, I can honestly say I never remember saying to myself that I needed more power.

The early ones with drums, I did wish for better brakes.

I believe a stock well maintained bike will always have better resale value.

If you plan to keep it, I would be putting money away for when it needs any maintenance.

There is a guy who rides around my area on a KTM 4 stroke and I swear the conrod is going to let go, it rattles that much.

I don't understand how he can't hear it, if the rod lets go he will destroy the whole motor, and it will not be worth repairing.

Cheers, Dave. :)
  6. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. DaveM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motorised Bicycle
    Very nice!
  8. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks DaveM for the feedback. I was going to run Rotella T6 in it, I hear people love this in their dirtbikes, among their diesels too! Ill research the oil you mentioned too. There is some truth to that, a clean unmolested bike does have some great value. Not sure I'll be letting this go any time soon. I can always throw on George's exhaust and if I ever sold it, I can always put it on another one of my bikes. Ill use that radiator stuff you mentioned, sounds good.

Thanks HFM! You're like me, we like these kinds, haha. I also liked that one you pointed out, but he's up there in price and I didn't really need street legal, even if it could come in handy at times...I didn't want to have to insure. It does look stupid clean though. Was hoping to see his price come down. You always in the market for a sweet old single cammer too??

I get to see it next week when I visit WA, so that will be cool. I really wish someone had a really good analysis between riding a TE400 and a TE570....would be a good read. That old TE400 was INCREDIBLY tractable. I wonder how much of that tractableness I'll be giving up on the 570. Hmm
  9. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 570 is still tractable, just with more power.
    DaveM likes this.
  10. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Rancher! Is that in stock form or with exhaust too? Still tractable with exhaust mods or does it end up letting loose more?
  11. DaveM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motorised Bicycle
    I have ridden both a 2000 410 and my 2001 570 both stock.

I found they are very similar, the 410 being much easier to start and the 570 just more power.

Riding a 410, I am sure I would be less tired at the end of a long day.

The oil I pointed you to will help the conrod last longer and the motor from experience, just sounds a hell of a lot quieter.

Cheers, Dave.:)
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Yes it was at BMP..