1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Cost for 70hr and 135hr service and parts?

Discussion in '4st' started by Jonny360, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Jonny360 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225
    Considering a 2016 fe350s and looking into the maintenance schedule. Looks like they need a pretty significant overhaul at 70hrs and then again at 135hours. Including piston change, rebuild head, replace connecting rod and crank pin, replace suction pump, change all engine bearings, and a freewheel change at 135hrs. Does anyone know the cost to have all the service done at the dealer? How about cost of parts if I chose to do it myself?
  2. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    No on costs but going by the maintenance schedule isn't always realistic. My yami yz450 says complete top end at like 7-10 hours I think. So unrealistic, I wouldn't worry about rebuilds as much as frequent oil changes and general maintenance stuff vs actual tear down and rebuild like manual says. I know plenty of people putting well over 200 hours on their 450's and other than a bit of compression loss they run great.
  3. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Is it new? If its used then you have to take a chance on what the previous owner did or didnt do. I never go by manual either. You have to know your bike, your maintenance dedication or lack of, how hard you ride the bike, some other small stuff that will drastically determine when you should rebuild.