1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Cool vintage bike web site...

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Motosportz, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Brings back lots of memories of bikes I've owned and the ones I wanted (and I wanted them all) and some great looking brands I have never seen models of before, too.:thumbsup:
  3. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now that is a cool site - I love those old Euro brands.
  4. oregontrail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 350 XC-f
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 Buell X1 Lightning, 2004 KDX220
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Way cool site and great racing shots!:thumbsup: Now, if only I had kept some of my old bikes....:doh:
  6. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

That it does......just going thru his "My Bikes" had me thinking of bikes I had almost forgotten.

Remember seeing Jawa sold in either Sears or Montgomery Wards catalog back in the late '60's-early '70's

The SWM pics, reminded me of back in '80 a local dealer carried those for a very short time. I got to ride the 320(?) trials bike and 250 enduro. Impressive and great looking red/white bikes in those days.

....also ridden one of those red fiberglass body Rickman MX bikes w/250 Montessa engine......very loud bike (as many were from those years)
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There was a shop in Forest Grove Oregon when I was a kid that carried all the cool European brands like SWM, OSSA, Bultaco etc. I used to love going in there and staring at the SWM's which seemed very futuristic at the time. Looking back I bet the guys that ran that place laughed at me when I came in as I would just look at the bikes for hours and go home, a couple times a week. :D
  9. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

pretty much the same thing I did at a couple shops......well, I did end up buying 3 new Suzukis from the Suzuki/SWM dealer (2 DS dirt bikes and a GS400 street bike), so he was pretty understanding. The guy let me ride every bike they got in. Think the only Suzuki model I didn't ride between '78 - '81 was a JR50.

I don't remember Boise having much outside of the standard jap bikes. If you looked hard you might find a Hodaka or Bultaco, and did see an Ossa. Oh, and one really small shop sold a Penton/KTM or two.