Coming to Cairns

Discussion in 'Australia' started by AzOzRider, Feb 29, 2016.

1. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Hey all. Haven't been on in quite a while (the digital world just not my thing... rather be on the bike). I'm gonna be in Cairns March 8-13th. Don't feel like riding all the way up from Brissy in the heat this time of year, so thinking of hiring a bike and doing some riding while there. Looking for suggestions and maybe someone to knock around with for a day or 3 or something. Wife will be working so I'm just gonna goof off. :thumbsup:
    juicypips likes this.
  2. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Half ya luck mate, have fun in fnq, would love to get some ridding in up there as I have heard it is pretty gnarly in the hills..
    Give me a shout if you in Bundy and I can show you some local trails..
  3. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Will do! Will give me an excuse to get up that way again. I'm gonna put another post up but will mention it here... I have a couple blokes (father and son) who are super keen for me to organise a x-country (or any route we want) ride around August or September. They have an IVECO rig all kitted out. The son is a chef, dad is a bushie. They'll organise everything, carry gear and spares, do all the cooking, etc. Thinking about 10 guys. I have 1 firm, and a few tentative at this point.
  4. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    One of the best rides is to do A Cape Tribulation motorcycle tour. They rent you a DRZ400 and off you go.
    No dramas, the food and camping is all sorted. Not everyone's cup of tea but definitively worth it if you're in to dirt bikes and outback adventures.
    Beats drowning your own bike in a river too.
    Several outlets organise trips, have a google.
  5. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Yeah I've sorta looked into those, but to be honest, I'm not willing to shell out thousands for hand-holding and the risk of someone in the group being an incessant whiner or constantly holding everyone up. Heard my share of horror stories. Just don't see the value. Hell I could damn near buy another bike for what they charge. But I do thank you for the time you took to reach out!
    bikesparky likes this.
  6. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    No problem, like I said not everyone's cup of tea. A few people I know rave about it as they just like to ride and don't have to worry about food, camping, safety, tyres, wrecking your bike... etc.
    I agree it's not cheap and a few mates going up on their own bikes in a few months, a bit more adventurous.