1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc cnc lowering link wr 360

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by juicypips, Dec 7, 2012.

1. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    hi due to being a short arse i decided enough was enough and this girls too tall so i got a custom lowering link fabricated from a bloke i installed a bathroom from.

So after i cut a few inches out of the foam her seat height is at around 37 inches

[IMG]

with ground clearance of 14 1/2

[IMG]

i am technically a dwarf so this was no good as a tip toe and hanging off the seat literally at every stop was getting tedious.
    The new link i had made has 10mm extra length in the arms, this i guestemated as a 2" drop at seat height my guess wasnt far wrong. turned out about inch and a half lower but what a difference

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    had to file about 3mm out of the front of swing arm and that is some tough ali!!
    now have a clean sweep all the way throughout travel.
    nope i havent tested it in vigor yet and yes the less ground clearance blah blah blah.

i am now 20 times happyer and stopping at lights isnt embarresing. lol
    any feedback or people done similar would be nice.
    i plan to decomp head and give her a yearly clean in 18 days :cheers:

any cleaning tips? i use turtle wax an hot water with a sponge.

p.s. sorry if pics havent loaded i didnt understand instructions properly but hope its ok.
    454x likes this.
  2. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Hello Juicy @ i dont suppose you have the length (eyelet to eyelet)of the original linkage as my seat is also too high at nearly a metre tall.Also if you have a part number it would be helpfull Cheers
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Your guys' tape measures have inches on them?!?!?!?!
    Gotlabs and wait4me like this.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    After some prompting from a riding buddy, I looked into the links that are available ready made. What I found out is the link lowered the bike, but when I preloaded the spring for the proper sag according to the maker of the link I was within an eighth of an inch of where I started.
    I never tightened the bolts, so the link went back in its package for return.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    humm ive not bothered with pre load im just stoked i can get a foot on the floor, took her out on weekend and had to adjust compression as it was soft very soft so firmed up preload and yet to bugger about with rebound, didnt bottom out on 2-3foot drop offs. will check sag as that hadnt even crossed my mind.
    tape measures yeh we still have proper measurments on them also my bikes got mph!! lol
    ive got 2 spare lowerlinks original ones if you want one but the length is 130mm or 5 an 1/4 thats from the rear of the largest hole to the rear or the small one. can post pic if you want.
    is your link aftermarket..? i can send you my spare if you shout postage pm me if needs be.
  6. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Cheeers for the info Juicy,ill get mine measured ,then PM you if i need one
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    no problem like i said ive two spare three if you include the pne off the bike but am keeping that to put back to original if needs be.
  8. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Hello Juicy,
    Ive measured my lower linkage,centre to centre(same as rear to rear)and its at least 140mm in length.Am i right in thinking that your shorter links would actually increase the seat height?.If so,how could it be reduced,shock length,or would it be the other linkage,as its definatly higher than standard.

Attached Files:

9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes shorter link would increase the seat height.
    umm you could adjust the preload on the spring mine is about two inches wound down from the top see
    http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k577/Jak_Phillips/TOSH0043.jpg
    or you could copy my lead and fabricate another link.
    i also cut a few inches of foam from the seat as there is plenty to go at.
    my woman suggested high healed boots :rolleyes: oh to be in her head...
  10. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Im still wanting to reduce the ride height on my Husky,now that ive sorted the electrical problems.At present,the seat/tail is higher than the tank(Avatar right),looking at other pictures it should be about level.Now it can only be one of four things,shock,linkages x2,or swingarm.And i dont want to shell out for items that are correct.Ive looked at the linkages from other images and they look correct,i cannot compare directly as there are no part numbers stamped on them,the swing arm is another mistery,its stamped(fromwhat i can make out)8001 71618,although Auksys comparison spreadsheet states it as 8000 76282 for a 95 360 Husky,ive looked at images of 92/93 swingarms and they have the same number stamped as mine 8001 71618(e-bay}although on Auksys sheet it states 8A00 66662 and 800073347,has anyone got the correct length of a swingarm for a 1995 husky,because the parts numbers dont tally.It could also be the shock of course,the length of which is 452mm centre of eyelet to eyelet,the Y shaped linkage is 142 eyelet to eyelet,and the pivot is 85mm I to I,as always any help appreciated
  11. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Maybe I missed it, but Tredz have you adjusted spring preload/sag?
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have actually removed my lowering link and am using lower profile rear tyre.
    That dropped another 2" so i did preload and removed link.
    I need a softer spring.
    Was using 100/140
    Now using 90/110
    The difference is huge. image.jpeg
  13. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The reason the part numbers do not correspond is the stamped number is for the individual piece and the parts table number is for the assembly.
  14. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    NC Steve,the spring has masses of pre load on yet its very soft on the back end,like it has a weak spring,the shock length measurement is taken with the pre load as is.Which confuses me as a soft spring would mean a lower back end.
    Juicypips,id go this route(tyres) but i still have the problem of a soft shock,and also its not eliminating the real problem,also the bottom of the shock sits only fractionately above the Y shape linkage.
    Rancher1,Ive also checked the husqvarna Parts fiche,it states swing arm part number 8000 76282 for the 95,yet my swingarm is stamped 800171618,same as the others on e-bay
  15. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

if you change the ratio of the linkage you will get a different feel on the preload vs. stock
    you will need to do some math on this one
    to set the suspension with a different link it might be a good idea to use a spring dealer and inform them of what you are trying to do along with what you changed or try different springs to you get one you like
    it will only travel so far down no matter what you do as things will eventually hit
    springs come in different lengths as well as stiffness
    juicypips and ohmygewd like this.
  16. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ahha see my springs too stiff i have 2.1/4 race sag and a 8 kg spring. Think its stock.
    I require a 6kg spring but cant be sure without buying one.
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    8kg?!!! That's heavy duty man
  18. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah well i stole a 7kg off a mate tempo an that got sag to 3" so im guessingg mines an 8 could be 7.5 i spose.
    Either way being small has its disadvantages.
  19. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

only in a TALL bike world :banana:
  20. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lol yup or any bike thats not a trials bike.