Clutch switch bypass

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Al Barkley, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Al Barkley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 DRZ400S, 2007 F650GS
    I picked up a 2013 TR650 recently and it appears to be pretty well sorted. One issue I have found is the clutch switch seems to have failed. The bike will only start in Neutral. I haven't looked at the switch or wiring at all yet so not sure if the switch is NC or NO or if there is anything more going on with it I should be aware of before I delete it...
    I thought I'd ask here first to see if there is a commonly used method for disabling/removing the clutch switch? I know it's a safety feature but I don't need it or want it.

I think I'm liking the Husky so far although I haven't had a chance to even register it yet due to the Covid so I haven't put too many miles on it.
  2. Masterpotter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R27, R100, R1200gs,DT1,
    Both the clutch and the side stand switch is usually in the open setting , as in you pull in the clutch and the switch closes and “lets” the ground connect.
    lots of folks remove the kickstand switch , As this often fails after being in deep water, and just connect the wires on the remaining harness. Both of these use part of the same wiring , so if the kick stand is down the bike won’t start in gear. Check this switch or remove it and close the wires First . It is possible that your clutch switch pulled out of the perch or is unplugged.
    PaulC likes this.
  3. Steve Ponce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRX 250 1985 - 2014 TR650
    While we're talking clutch issues can you point me in the direction of a replacement bar assembly, mine snapped off below the mirror threaded boss.

Attached Files:

4. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
  5. Steve Ponce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRX 250 1985 - 2014 TR650
    Thank you sir Just the part i was looking for!