Clutch question

Discussion in '610/630' started by Sharakov, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Sharakov Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm610
    Hopefully I'm just ignorant here, but I noticed something that seems a bit weird about my SM610 clutch.

When the engine is off and I've pulled the clutch lever all the way in and try to roll it, there is significant resistance. This is true both rolling forward and back. If I pop it into neutral, no prob.

Also when I start it, if it isn't in neutral it will lurch forward even when the lever is pulled fully in. Is my clutch not disengaging enough? Or is this just how the bike is setup?

Thanks,
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I have found that my previous 630 and now SWM are harder to move in gear with the clutch pulled in than when in neutral. They do give a small lurch when putting into first. I am not concerned with this, there is no apparent clutch slippage or drag otherwise.
    If this concerns you you might like to try a little trick that may well work for you.
    Take the clutch cover off; undo the bolts that hold the clutch plates on and take the top plate off.
    Get washers that will fit on top of the clutch springs and into which the bolts will slide through.
    Then reassemble. This will give a little more clutch throw and should alleviate your issue.
  3. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    controls the level of mineral oil in the clutch tank.
    if it is low you may have a loss problem at CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER
  4. mattc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw, suzuki
    My swm did this. Then failed to disengage entirely. After much messing about I eventually bought an Oberon slave and new magura light pull master cylinder (might be type 167?). It's pretty nice now. Finds neutral when stopped. Mostly. Never did that from new. It's a tiny bit heavy for continous 1 finger operation but 2 fingers aren't really necessary. $au550 or so though.
    MattC.
  5. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    the problem of the slave cylinder clutch can be solved with little expense by replacing the inner oring OR2093 23.52 × 1.78 in Viton