Clutch cover

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by denmcken, Jan 23, 2010.

1. denmcken Husqvarna
    B Class

I've had a blue clutch cover from you guys for awhile now on my 05 TE450. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'd like to install a Rekluse clutch now. Is there anyway I can install it without having to buy a whole new cover? I love the cover, but don't wanna buy two of them....
  2. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

You shouldn't have to replace your clutch cover to install a Rekluse. I've never heard of anyone having to. On some bikes (like my old YZ 250), you have to use a thicker gasket which comes with the rekluse kit.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    denmcken,

Wow, you have a blue cover! I can't even remember the last time we made blue covers. I'm glad you are happy with it.

Rekluse makes a thick gasket they supply with the clutch kit for your husky. They have a tendency to "leak" a little, and that was the reasoning for making a deeper clutch cover just for the rekluse clutches. You can run their gasket under our clutch cover without any clearance problems, but it might leak a little.

If in the end you do decide you want to get one of our rekluse compatible covers give me a call, I'll give you a good discount.:thumbsup:
  4. Brainflex Husqvarna
    AA Class

What an offer! Was gonna give u rep but I have to spread it around abit.
  5. denmcken Husqvarna
    B Class

Awesome... thank you for the info! Another reason I keep my eye on your company for new products.