Clones are selling...well

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by dcg141, Apr 9, 2015.

1. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know a lot of folks though it would not work, but we are moving 3 times what we did with Husaberg. I have never had a 300 or 350 hit the floor. Its proving to be a great move getting Husqvarna. Several dealers in hindsite that passed now wish they had signed up.
    Motosportz, reveille, Kam1 and 3 others like this.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Yep, it's good to see. We've noticed it too. A couple of our KTM Husky crossover products are moving faster than they ever have. Especially the blue versions. Good stuff.
    HuskyMax and robertaccio like this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    good to see business flowing
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks like its all in a name.
    justintendo likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Hope things work out well for you dealerships owners .. Yep, brand-name alone can sell and can help with the butter ...Don't really matter, but just about everything is a clone on some level.

Don't think I'm a dreamer and I do not doubt the brand Husqvarna just yet. I'd like to see some real sales numbers of dirt bikes sold by this KTM AG Company with regards to their Husqvarna and ktm dirt bikes. (4fitty CC size and below..) .. Still thinking the orange crush is gonna defect over ...

I'll add more one thing ...Racing\advertising your product on the biggest stages of the world is gonna close this decades long gap of too-weak of company support and is gonna play a big part of pushing the Husqvarna brand back into the main stream around the globe.
    Blazes likes this.
  6. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Beyond brand name I think it is the look. you see ktm's all the time buy the huskies are not regarded as "ktm's" to the privelaged. Only the educated buyers :P
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Funny, I cruised by the upscale part of Asheville today where Eurosport the BMW MC dealer is. I looked at GSs and red Huskys there a few years ago. At the time everything was MSRP+. Today I saw they also had a new KTM/Husqvarna sign, so I stopped to see. The salesman told me they weren't stocking Huskys because sales were so poor previously and that in '14 they waited 6 months for bikes that didn't ever arrive, including a few pre-orders.
    He also said the SM610 was his fav bike ever and agreed Husky was selling well now.
    Thought I might get to fondle a '15 model, but no luck. :(
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It's all been a little weird to me being on this site (because I purchased a 4t bike) and following the company ... I wanted the bikes raced but didn't realize the previous owners would not spend the money ever maybe and it would take a buyout to get the bikes on the TV series races around the world ... High cost but the brand is winning and sales numbers are making you guys feel ok...
    268fords likes this.
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Well no surprise really, the bikes are incredible and the colors are better than Halloween orange...
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm just curious if they could have done the same with husaberg. The only addition to the brand is mx/sx and they could have taken those too.
  11. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    They did do it but the name was too exotic to the mainstream.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    One version I read somewhere was that the 'berg team would be doing the Huskys. I like the sound of that and wonder if there's any truth to it.

:cheers:
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It was no surprise to me that from the ~08 period forward that when a world class rider got on a Husky, he'd whip the beloved japan bikes. I'm glad the world caught up with what I already knew.
    john01 likes this.
  14. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    It is a fine bike. My new FE 501.

Except for the forks in the stock factory configuration IMHO.

I always wanted an FE570- 70 degree Husaberg.

Don't think Husaberg, unless we are talking way back before KTM bought them out, ever did a linkage shock set up while using KTMs check book though. Or did they?

It is cool if KTM AG actually reunites these few still remaining engineering teams together to build the "Husqvarna's" as he says he has already done now.

I mean really, how many of them are still around and not retired already. Since the sell out to Gagiva many years ago, whom refused to relocate to Italy and started "Husaberg" and really begun pioneering the modern water cooled 4T thumpers we have today. Its got to be down to about 30% or less remaining of these teams of engineers if that.
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Timmy, Your answer I believe is 1 maybe.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  16. Willlyons Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 Yamaha TY350, 06 Montessa 4RT
    Hey NC Steve, there's a dealer up in Lexington KY that has two 300's and a two fifty (five key on my keyboard doesn't work) on the floor I believe. Look them up online, Central Kentucky Motorsports. They've been selling new huskies like they're six packs of beer!
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Thanks! If I come up there can I ride your WB165 :banana:
    Anyway, I was just seeing what they had. My red 300 is still faster than I am, so happy for now.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome bike. Loved the FE570 and FE390. Funny thing is they had really good stock suspension and i kinda hate PDS.
    dratharr and Big Timmy like this.
  19. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Kelly I know you kinda hate PDS.
    You ever rode a G450X before.
    How about with a WP Trax shock and WP 4860 Open chamber well set up forks?
    Probably not to both of those questions.
    It would also maybe change your mind about PDS.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, test rode a stock one, thought it was horrible. Never tried or have seen a Trax shock. For some reason I liked the PDS on all the 70 degree bergs. The shock angle is very different than the KTM based bikes. I rode the FE390 for three long days and loved the stock suspension. Rode the FE570 many times and also loved it and that crazy motor. Ridden some KTM PDS I thought were good but not many. personal preference only.