China Hat in a new light

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Xcuvator, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    After two years of dry conditions for the Cafe Husky Fall Get Together, I thought I'd send a picture or two of the current conditions and what could be possible for next year.
    [IMG]
    The traction is great because the snow is pretty dry. I made a loop on the trails to the South of the 25 Staging area of 106 miles today. Saw only one other rider, Rick Bozart, the local Hausaberg dealer.
    [IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I would seriously need to upgrade my camping equipment prior to snow camping in a tent...

I'll work on that, I have a few ideas...
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wow, was supposed to go Friday and decided to ride local now I'm rethinking that. will it still be dust Free tomorrow (Friday?)

Does Rick ever work?
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    It is still a little dusty near the 25/2510 stages. A little South and the snow starts. It looks like it might be sunny today, but I doubt it will all melt. Even if it does it will still be good.
    Rick was telling me about work he has done on his bike and his wife's.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Looks like the short window of "top notch" conditions out there...
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Rick Bozart...

:thinking:

Does he have a wife, sister, or daughter named Tammi?

If so, she beat me to a first place finish by 1/2 lap at a 4-hour GP up there a few years ago :mad:

Nice photos, Steve! I'd love to ride that place during good conditions. I bet it feels totally different :)
  8. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    You said you were really busy,Im jealous I really like ridiing over there in the dry powder itys a blast!!
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    We only missed the moisture by 1 week... sigh
  10. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    If anyone is on the fence about going over, the riding is still really good if you go to the South end.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks like your not even riding your WR 250. You need to sell that thing ;)
  12. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I kinda think that might be his wifes name. You are too kind, by referring to my photos as nice. I need to finally step up and replace the camera that escaped out of a tank bag.

I know I said I was busy, but some things just have priority.

If all else fails, I could probably arrange a bunk for you if I thought you might leave one of your cool coffee mugs behind.

I'll look for a 250 for you and it would be a good idea to tell Bill you are looking for one. Did Kelly sell his?
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    ...Or I can set you up with a nice clean WR300 ... and Bill knows where to find it (its supposed to be parked at his place but hasnt made it back there after China Hat yet)
  14. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like the fact that Steve's has the Rekluse , LHRB, and Flexbars....
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, he keeps telling me that Rekluse is the hot setup, actually I know 2 guys with 250s who swear by the Rekluse.
  16. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Rexcuse
    PC., jmetteer and WoodsChick like this.
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    :lol: :lol:

That's funny!
  18. Tim H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas EC300, many KTMs
    Um, OK.
    It makes a funny sounding play on the product name, but I guess I'm missing the reasoning for it.
    Is the use of a Rekluse supposed to put me at some disadvantage that I have to say "but I run a Rekluse" as an excuse so people will go "Ah, so THAT'S why!"?
    I'm guessing most of the people bagging on Rekluse have probably never even ridden with one, or at least haven't ridden one that was set up well (and set up badly, they can pretty much suck like having a slipping clutch, but that's NOT set up well). I feel that I am at no disadvantage to a full manual clutch in any way, and have a number of very obvious advantages over a manual. In fact, this past spring I spent a week on a loaned bike the same year and model as mine ('04 GasGas EC300), but without the Rekluse. I could tell no difference in performance while underway, it was just not as smooth and easy to control in tight/rocky/techical stuff. Honestly, if I only rode in the type of stuff a lot of the folks on this board ride (based on the ride reports I've read), I probably wouldn't feel the need either. I go out of my way to find the nastiest stuff I can, and the well-set-up Rekluse makes that riding better in every way.
    What, exactly, am I supposed to be making excuses for?
    Do I need an excuse for NOT digging a big trench when starting from a standstill on a steep hill?
    Do I need an excuse for why my bike DIDN'T die when I dropped it on some nasty technical move?
    Do I need an excuse for why I didn't stall in front of you, killing your momentum on that nasty rocky uphill?
    Do I need an excuse for why I am faster and smoother through gnarly technical stuff? Does my AA class son Scott, who went from winning the 15 and Under class at 13 years old in his first season of racing to finishing in the top 3 in the AA class in his 6th season, all racing with Rekluse auto clutches? It doesn't seem to have held him back.
    I just don't get it. Seems to me like I hear more excuses going the other way, as in "you could only do that because you have an auto clutch" rather than me making excuses FOR my auto. In fact, the ONLY thing I've ever made an "excuse" for my auto clutch about was when someone has asked why I kickstart my bike instead of bump starting down a hill.
    Besides, I can ride across a campground with a beer in my hand and still start and stop smoothly without spilling.
    Excuse me.

Tim H
    tshea529 likes this.
  19. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow...someone's a bit touchy. I think he was just ribbing you. I certainly found it humurous and I have always ridden with a Rekluse!
  20. Tim H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas EC300, many KTMs
    I figured that I'd get that.
    Not trying to be touchy, because frankly I don't care what anybody but me thinks of my bike ( a 7 year old GasGas is NOT exactly the object of envy, it's more like :lol:). I just honestly don't get the joke aside from the obvious phonetic similarities.:excuseme: My previous post tried to describe why it makes no sense to me.
    Back to lurking.

Tim H