Changing the spark plug.

Discussion in 'TR650' started by farp, Sep 19, 2013.

1. farp Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta 400rr
    Can anyone tell me how to remove the spark plug? My problem is I don't know how to remove the plastic fittings that are fastened to the flange above the plug. I don't want to apply brute force and try to pry them off in case I break something and I can't find any info anywhere on how to do this.

John
  2. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    When I checked my clearances, I don't recall anything really special when I removed one of the spark plugs. I think I simply removed the electrical connectors/coils from the top of the plugs without fuss, just carefully pulling them off. Make sure you keep track of which connector/coil goes on which plug. I seem to recall the plug itself was very tight and rather difficult to break loose initially. Of course, I was doing this after I got the airbox removed, so it may be a bit more tricky with that still in the way.
  3. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I reread your post. The part that fits onto the red valve cover itself is just a rubber type thing that just slides off. It is simply held on with friction, like a dust boot.
  4. RuggedExposure Now with more rugged!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350
    I used my bare hands to remove them. I suppose you could gently use a flathead to pry them loose. Just remember which holes the appropriate plug goes into, they are marked black and white.
  5. farp Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta 400rr
    Thanks for the info guys, that's what I wanted to know.

John