1. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    What are folks using for chain lube? I've been using a Dupont wax based spray chain lube. I like it because after it drys, doesn't not have much junk cling to it. Seems to get ok reviews.

Anyone else have a lube they trust that doesn't attract much dirt? Anyone have something they think is better than the DuPont products?

Thanks.
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Very happy with the Bel-Ray Super Clean. Stays clean and works great. I never have needed to do more than wash bike and run a brush over the chain to remove any debris, before a spray of Super Clean. No fling off/stays put.

[IMG]
    JAM likes this.
  3. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    I use Motul off road, and it is really good. No gunk on the chain at all.
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I've been experimenting with some different lube for o-ring chain. Lately been using CRC HD silicone spray. It last for 2 hours easy, but notice after 3 hour ride the chain is dry. Going to try one of the wax based lubes next. I'd prefer something non-petro based and non-aerosol, but I guess that's asking too much.
    Paying $10+ ($12 for NoToil) for a can of lube doesn't work for me, that's why I was using an alternative.
    I see the Dupont very cheap at Walmart online and the Belray is on sale for 7.99 at RM.
    For now I guess I'll keep doing the silicone and use some NoToil wax on a clean chain for racing this winter. At least it's non-toxic and biodegradable :thumbsup:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I use this on my o-ring chain (apply with a brush) and also on all the pivot points like levers before each ride. Does not have multi ride staying power but it does work well and does not make a mess. I hit all critical areas before every ride as part of my pre load ritual. I like it a lot and have turn some friends onto it which all report really liking it. It does not goop up and make a mess like many chain lubes meant for non o-ring chains.

[IMG]
    shawbagga likes this.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Same here with the CRC version. It also displaces water, so rinse the bike while still warm, spray the chain and all places where water is trapped like levers, pedals, linkages and swingarm bolt, etc.
  7. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I use Boaeshield for spraying all contacts after a wash, removing tar/gunk, etc... It leaves a wax film as well. So well it is what I use as a bicycle chain lube. Always have a can of this with me.

[IMG]
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    im a user of the maxima chain wax. it can build up wherever its used, so i clean it off with gas or xylene sometimes. good for pivot points and rust prevention. does not wash with water. would not use this on my control cables tho. i use this stuff on my automobiles alot too
    [IMG]
    JPinNC likes this.
  9. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Me too I use the "Maxima chain wax" above.
    It stays put and doesn't gum up and collect crud like some of the other chain lubes I've used.
    I use a chain "grunge" brush as well.
    But with this "Maxima chain wax" I hardly need it.
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    cheap silicone spray mainly for rust prevention after washing & to lube rollers. as kelly said good for pivot points, cables(or wd40), spoke nipples etc. wd40 if riding sand. im cheap & lazy & hate cleaning chain lube off frames/wheels/swingarm!:D

silicone spray makes ya bike look all shiny, new & pretty when used on plastics. spray under guards & makes clean up easier too. no much chop for brake discs & seats however:eek:
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I use a few different types of lube. I have the dupont walmart chainlube lube, Belray super clean and some synthetic yamalube for chains. They all stay on for a short time. The Yamalube seems to last the longest. I also noticed I have another waterproof Yamalube metal protector that says it replaces Boeshield. I may try that next.
  13. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I also like this "Alisyn" synthetic lube too. Once applied though heavily. You have to let it air dry a bit before you ride though, maybe 30 minutes. but it works very well. It doesn't gum up or collect to much grunge even in muddy conditions. SAM_1207.JPG
  14. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    I normally run the Silkolene titanium dry gel as it doesn't fling off and even stays on pretty good after a wash. Works on the road bike and the Husky, love it!
    Since it hasn't rained here properly for like two years, all the usual riding spots are covered in very fine dust so I'm trying out the Ipone sand chain lube.

So far so good! Not much sand sticking in it and no rusty bits after a stint on a salt flat.
    duggoey likes this.
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I like the Dupont for my street bike and the Bel Ray Super Clean for my dirt bikes.
  16. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    i like the lucas chain lube as well, its clean
  17. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    What about the cyclone?! Got a friend in Cairns who went through it, didnt realise it had been that dry.
    I have also been using dry lubes, can't gauge how well it is/isn't preserving the chain and sprockets yet, but a lot of people tell me I need to lube my chain.
  18. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    believe it or not Marvels mystery oil displces the water as well.
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    +1 for Maxima. Been using it 20+ years.
  20. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Currently using the Maxima too now on my new X ring chain. It seems to stay put and doesn't sling off or leave any residue that begins to collect dirt all over the frame below the front sprocket. No built up of crud on the side plates of the chain either.