CH Corporate Facility - March 24th 2013 - Round 2

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Coffee, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Still at the machete stage I'm afraid. Though I could doze a small strip, let me know how long you want it. :)

Though if you are serious about flying here, Sacramento would be the closet 'regular' airport, and Napa itself has an airport suitable for small planes (I really don't know much about small planes and airports).

If you have any solid dates in mind, I am sure we can make them work, let me know - though the March 24th event will continue regardless (a lot of work needs to be done here).
    rajobigguy likes this.
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

Just for the weekend that I'm there, once I leave you can have it back.:D
    WoodsChick and Coffee like this.
  3. lemony Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200, cl100
    The 24th sounds good, count us in, two from over by Santa Rosa. I'm not sure if I have a machete, but I've got a couple gas powered ones in the barn that make lots of noise but cut quicker if needed.
  4. r7mm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf250r,Raptor,CRF230, Ducati M750
    Cool. I am there.
    Coffee likes this.
  5. endurogirl Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    kawasaki klx300
    Count two locals in, coming from Marin/Sonoma counties , we have recently bought our huskies. and would like to meet some other riders. we are happy to get in on the ground floor of a cool project. one of us has some experience moving dirt around and making riding tracks, and the other is always good for lunchtime goodies. please send directions, info. looking forward to it!
    post: 284495, member: 2"]There is not a lot of riding here yet - no trails at the moment.
    • What: ride a bit, burn in some trails, plan trails, possibly a tiny amount of work. I'll provide lunch - assuming not too many people show up. Exact plans will be determined by how much rain comes down before then.
    • When: Sunday March 24th - times TBD (Daylight savings starts March 10th, not sure what exact times would be good actually - 10am - 5pm?)
    • Who: at the moment 3 people have said they could probably make it other than myself.
    • Why: have fun... and to determine if there is any interest at all in some type of gathering here (with little or no trails, but epic dual sport in the area, it would not be a traditional gathering like the Bend OR gathering we have been having).
    • Where: About 1/2 hour from Napa CA, or about 1/2 hour from Winters CA, or about a 1/2 hour from Vacaville CA. Exact directions will be sent to those who can make it.
    • WARNING: there are ample amounts of poison oak at this location... if that makes a difference to you. Though it can be easily avoided with some care.
    For those people who would find this date to be inconvenient but want to come, this event is not a big deal at all, there will be others - possibly once per month through May or June.

For those who want to come from far away - there is certainly ample amount of camping space... and obviously the dates would be extended/are flexible.

Link to ride report from Round 1 last month:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/cafehusky-world-headquarters-gets-a-trail.30656/

And if you really like looking at pictures, here is another thread that may be of interest:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/cafe-husky-corporate-offices-have-moved.22133/[/quote]
  6. r7mm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    [/quote]
    should i bring some tools? shovels, axe-pick.......
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No... if we need it we have a LOT of tools...
    More later, just getting back to this...
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    OK, as far as I can tell, in addition to the people that made it last time, these people are interested in coming this Sunday:

r7mm
    lemony
    endurogirl

If anyone else want to come, and can come, this Sunday March 24th, speak up now.
  9. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I would love to be there and look forward to the next one but our Gorman ride has 15 besides myself and a possible few more for Saturday
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Last night a little less than 1/2" of rain fell, conditions should be perfect! :thumbsup:

Look at what we can use for traction! Think the yellow ones have the best traction, but we can figure that out on Sunday :)

DSC_4125.JPG

DSC_4124.JPG

DSC_4122.JPG

DSC_4119.JPG
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Hey Dean, sorry for late response but I'm interested too, would it be cool to bring a riding buddy of mine along with me ? He's got a CRF230 (Girl's bike)
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sure bring your friend, although I would not characterize a crf230 in that way. In there own way they can be quite useful, we used to have one.

Adding you to the Conversation...
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If any of the people are coming have a video device such as a go pro, it would be great if you could bring it. I'm trying to learn more about those types of things.
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Hey! Guess what? I woke up this morning without so much as a trace of poison oak! :applause:
    How about you jerbear? Did you survive the poison oak festival? And Pete? How ya doing today?
    That was fun! Was great to meet Jerry (finally!) and to meet Jean and Pete!
    The day was glorious, the burgers were juicy and the company was fun:thumbsup:
    Aaand...guess who forgot her camera? Yeah, I know... :eek: I could have gotten some really good photos, too...right, Lemony? :D
    rajobigguy and Coffee like this.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    We just did some trail maintenance on the WCT (WoodsChick Trail) - I am reasonably sure people without godlike skills can soon be able to ride it, and there will be a bit of room for an actual photographer to be able to catch all the action next time. :D

I did not get any photos either... but if no one comes up with ride report, here is the one from last time
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/cafehusky-world-headquarters-gets-a-trail.30656/

EDIT: Think I will go do trail work for the next couple of hours since the weather is nice...
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  17. r7mm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    looks like you all had fun. I am sure I truly missed a great day of riding. I will be looking forward to the next ride. Great Video!!
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was curious what happened to you, and why you did not reply in the Conversation we were having...
  19. r7mm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I thought I did respond in the Conversation. My bad if not. I work for PG&E and was called out for work. You know something abouut keeping electricty flowing and that whole bit. LOL!!!