CH Corporate Facility - Feb 10th 2013

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Coffee, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I don't think I can make this one, but I'd like to attend some future meetings at CHHQ.
    Coffee likes this.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  3. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Shopping for lightly used 09/10 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    350SXF 530EXC 300XC 525EXC 525MXC

I grew up in the corn fields of Illinois. I think we see things in a similar way. Good to hear. If you think 100 acres sounds small... we moved to our 20 acre ranch here in the Mojave about 18 months ago. Now thats tiny... but we are also surrounded by tons of great riding for this area. Five acres was already set up as a camp ground for horse visitors... and I have started restoring it into a dirt bike camp ground for our family and friends. You and the CH folks are always welcome here as well.

I'll def keep an eye on the thread and appear in my motovan when the opportunity lines up with free time on my end. I bought a little Astro van a few years ago for transporting product to local dealers... but it quickly became my little metal tent for bike outings. It's easy to go anywhere, AZ, NV, NorCAL, etc.

Look forward to meeting you sometime this year Coffee. :cheers:
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds great. :cheers:
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It appears that only the original few people are going to show up, and that is ok.

One thing I should note if I have not already, once things dry out here - which obviously depends on the weather, but is usually about late May or June - no wood burning of any kind here i.e. no campfires, at all. Which may affect some of you who may want to come here.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Dean,

I am not going to make this first trail building gathering. Looks like knee surgery for me in the next few days so no ride time. boooo:thumbsdown:
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Ive been trying to open a hole in my calendar this weekend, but it aint gonna happen. Maybe we will come down for the Shasta Hare Scrambles to watch Cory demolish the field and continue on south. Or how about a little gathering at Shasta? plus CH central?

http://www.reddingdirtriders.com/Events_view.aspx?Eventid=59
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ah jeeze... get better! :cheers:

Your schedule does seem perpetually full... Personally I cannot commit to the Shasta thing cause I am really busy too.

However, unless there are significant changes on my end, I will probably invite folks about once/month through at least May...
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I will make one or more of these.
    Coffee likes this.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    At the risk of stating the obvious...

Every single month that goes by will have longer and warmer days, and warmer nights - until things dry out in June when there will not be any wood burning allowed... and therefore less than ideal for a destination.
    I've got a hunch that this weekend will set the tone for the rest of the year - I *still* have absolutely no idea how entertaining this place might be to riders in general.
  12. Manic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310, 2016 TE501S, 2021 TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Yam WR450F, 17 FZ10, 18 R1
    Should be good. Looking forward to it!
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    When it is all said and done there is no reason that the property can't have high "entertaining" value. IMO If you have many guests, the trails may need to be one way and switched back and forth for safety. If your neighbor still has the JD550 available, boy howdy could we come up with some good stuff.
    I still plan to come down when I can.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    We have a small Massey tractor with front end loader, and a D2 which has not run in years - supposedly it has a bad magneto on the built in pony motor - it would be fantastic to get that working.
  15. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The mag may just need the points cleaned and gaped. There are a number of old tractor forums filled with great people that could talk you through repairing it, much like CH. My dad knew how to make a mag through a huge blue spark. If you do a Google search, I'm sure you will learn more than you need to know. Here is something to get you started:http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67765. Should be a fun project!
  16. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    what is the elevation there?
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Great question. Best guess would be 1300'
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Wow...beautlful day, fun folks to hang out with, virgin terrain, and grilled bacon cheeseburgers waiting for us when we were done :thumbsup: What more do you want?? I've been super-busy and will remain so til we leave town on Thursday but here are a few teasers for y'all...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

More on the way...maybe tonight!