CBR250 Wheels on a WR250 'tard?!?!?

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by GusG, Dec 3, 2013.

1. GusG Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250 Motard.
    Hi folks,

Has anyone seen, heard of oe experienced fitting up a set of CBR250 cast wheels to a 2 stroke??

I think it will look sweet, but only if I can get them to fit!!!

I'd rather not buy them and find its a waste of money - cheaper to ask the question.

They will be strictly for a road/track set up - no jumping.

Thanks in advance.
  2. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    I had to ggl for pictures. The wheels do look sort of cool. On the other hand, that might be because they were next to one of the most absurd looking exhaust systems I've ever seen. When will the OEM exhaust designers get a clue? People are willing to pay big money for trick looking after-market slip-on cans that look like race-bike parts. Why is it that the same guys that can make brake rotors and calipers that border on art can't make an exhaust that doesn't look like a charred banana slug?

WRT grafting these onto another bike? I'm sure it could be done, but unless you have a friend with a machine shop and lots of time, patience and a high tolerance for frustration I would find another project. Getting the parts that are "supposed" to work together is challenging.

On the third hand, I think a modern 2-smoker SM would be fun cubed. I live in CA, so it's just a dream here. At leas until the direct injection bikes become a reality.
  3. STANIMAL Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    WXE260
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Keep in mind that the wheel spacers for a 4-stroke might not be right on a 2-stroke, the hubs are a slightly different width. The same is true for the disc adapters. Shouldn't be a problem to work around, but whatever dimensions those guys provide may not be what you need.
    GusG likes this.