carb info help

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by superneil21, Jan 4, 2009.

1. superneil21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    So in the new dirt rider it has a section on the fcr carb.
    I noticed in the pics of the carbs that the choke knob is lower than the hotstart and the hotstart is farther in. but on my 2006 tc250 its the opposit. So why are they different?, just curious.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just spent some time searching for the Jan 2009 issue... cannot find it.

Things like hot start, choke, AP diaphragm stud length, AP actuation linkage, leak jet, bowl, etc vary across bike makers...
  3. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

I would rather have the choke knob out front where the hot start is. I rarely use the hotstart but I can see why the hot start is where it is at in case you need it quickly.
  4. superneil21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    its in the feb issue
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am late in their mailing cycle, I doubt I'll get it for a few days. I'll keep an eye out for it. :thumbsup:
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I like the bar-mounted hot start levers. I had a Dr D remote hot start on my `01 WR250F and it was much more user-friendly than when it was on the carb.

On my 610, the hot start and the choke are much too close to one another. There have been times when I've reached down while on the bike to pull the choke and have gotten the hot start instead.

WoodsChick
  7. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

I can't find the choke while on the bike but I really don't need to. I just need the choke when it is real cold & I'm off the bike anyway before starting it. Never used the hot start.