1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Can't find the drain bolt.

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Caden, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Caden Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 husquavarna 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Honda cx650c
    I have a 1983 cr250 and I can't figure out if or where the drain bolt is. I would imagine it has one since all motors should have them. But my question is where. I have to drain my oil. And mess with the clutch so it will disengage And I can shift. I don't want to do what I did last time and contaminate my brand new oil. I want to take it out in a clean way so if it checks out I can reuse it. Please help. I want to get this done asap so I can finish up my project and get ready to paint and clean up the bike.
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    :eek: lower right hand side..pretty large hex head bolt with magnetic tip.
    if you are just working on the clutch you can lay the bike on its right side also if the tank isnt too full.
    look up the clutch adjustment procedure on here, among other things:popcorn:
  3. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    don't undo the gear lever of kick start lever, they stay in the clutch case. just undo the screws and gently pop the cover off being carefull to avoid breaking the gasket. try to keep it on the engine or the cover.
  4. Caden Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 husquavarna 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Honda cx650c
    Ok thanks guys I know the how to ajudst it. I just needed to drain it. I have had in it.