buying tr650 terra 2013

Discussion in 'TR650' started by ras dev, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ras dev Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr650l
    Hello forum members
    I want to buy TR650 TERRA .the bike very reserved, 15000KM.
    My question is: Is the motorcycle reliable?
    is there any known problen with this model?
    Is there a problem getting spare parts?
    What do you think about the bike in general?
    Thank you and safe trip for everyone
  2. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada

Maybe have a REALLY good read first of all?
    Plenty of material here on CH as well as http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/husky-tr650-new-owners-stupid-questions-thread.850525/
    It'll answer pretty much all your questions.
  3. 1650bullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had to replace the clutch on my terra 650 at 45000kms. It could of lasted longer, but the cable was over adjusted resulting in the clutch riding all the time. Having said that I used an EBC Clutch kit for a BMW gs650. The valve clearance checks very labour intensive, but are done at certain intervals. The valve shims are a KTM part. The hubs are BMW and not to mention the engine is to. What I'm trying to say is parts are still readily available for these bikes and they cross reference with the BMW GS650 and Bmw 650 Sertao weather its genuine or aftermarket. The 1st thing you must do (If it already hasn't been done Yet) is fit a Spoofer cable. The tr 650s run dangerously lean and be a hazard because they stall and sputter around. anyone on hear can back me up on that. Apart from that they are a good reliable bike and a great entry bike for adventure riding.
  4. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    It's not quite accurate to say the engine is BMW. It's based on the Rotax and Husky redid the top end for more power.

It's also the case that only some examples have the misfiring problem.

In terms of the bike in general, I think it's a ripper - a smooth thumper with plenty of power that's very affordable and has service intervals that aren't onerous. I don't see any peer on the market at the moment.
    DeLewis likes this.
  5. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    That pretty well sums it up. It's a surprisingly well sorted bike. I test ride the 701 a couple of weeks ago and came off it thinking what a great bike the TR is!
  6. ras dev Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr650l
    thank u all.
    i will upload some photo when i will buy it in aweek or two.
  7. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    It is an urban myth that they run dangerously lean, they do not, the spoofers are snake oil pure and simple. Spoofers can cause problems

The stalling problem is due to some being released into the market with early firmware which has problems and on those machines the firmware needs to be updated and in some cases where firmware is already the latest due to adaption tables needing reset and rebuild using diagnostics

BMW did the changes to the crank and top end not Husky, only BMW owns the rights to modify and produce the Rotax engine hence the discontinuation of the model when BMW sold Husky
  8. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    Not this black duck...

Agreed. Never had an issue with stalling.
  9. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    Bike is stock except for the 3D printed air filter frame.
    Make sure the ECU is running the latest firmware.
    Valves adjusted, Pulstar plugs and it's a ripper!
    I get the rare stutter, not stall but hey, it's a thumper!