1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Boosterplug - does it work

Discussion in '4st' started by raysaw, May 5, 2017.

1. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    No . If all you want is more fuel across the board just up the fuel pressure .
  3. pasomonte Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017, 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW 650GS Sertao, KTM 450 EXC
    I used one, quite successfully on a 650 Beemer and a TR650 Husky. They aren't that sophisticated but it is enough to compensate for an open muffler and modest intake improvements.
  4. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    I used a booster plug very successfully for nearly 50,000km on my bike, 35,000 on wife's. Not one issue. I then F'ed up and let dealer do the recall flash of the ECU's. Now bikes run worse than ever, after they struggle to start. I know a few who have run it and all have been very happy. On the other hand, a good friend ran a power commander and the bike ran like shit, spending more time in the shop than he had it. Finally ripped it out. No more issues. Power commanders require smart techs to tune them to the bike. The problem with our bikes is the inability to get into the ECU and manipulate. So you are trying to patch a tune setup over a system that doesn't like to be fooled with, and which provides no ability to manipulate.
  5. Tony the Boney Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Booster plug works like a dream. Immediately...no more spluttering at low idle sounding like it wants to cut out (or does). Gearing down at low revs in traffic and cutting out is something of the past. No increase in fuel consumption and is incredibly smooth. Money well spent!
  6. Tomboyjr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TR650 Terra, '14 Husky FE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Harley Road Glide Ultra
    On my 650 Terra I wasnt sure if it was doing anything,because the bike wasnt running good at all. I got used to it for about a month. Til one day I took it out and found that one of the wires had cracked. Soldered it back together, and now the bike runs great. None of the symptoms of the pre-ECU update that I read about.
  7. dfriz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    1200 Aprilia Dorsoduro
  8. Scott Howard Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350s, 701 enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    650 V-strom, Beta 300RR
    I know this is kind of an old thread, so the OP has probably already modded his bike, but.. if you're looking to open up the bike and you don't live in a state ruled by enviro-nazi's, you should consider Husqvarna's 'EVO' kit. It consists of a open airbox, an ECU tune, and an emissions delete kit. Combine it with a slip-on silencer of your choice (Akropovic, Wings, Arrow etc) and you will feel like you're riding a completely different bike. The peak power isn't that much different (not that this bike needs more peak power anyway) but the low-end and mid-range are completely transformed!
    dfriz likes this.