BMP purchase experience

Discussion in 'Bills Motorcycle Plus' started by artr01, Jul 16, 2013.

1. artr01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just want to let everybody know about my experience with Bill and Lon. Bill is in Oregon and I live in South Carolina. I was looking for a new Husky 125/144 and my dealer Upstate Cycle had none and the rest of the dealers around here were crazy. Bill had just what I wanted and he went out of his way to help me. Not only did he give me a great price he arranged shipping at a very good price. When the bike was delivered something had fell on the handlebars and broke the clutch perch. Bill had me a new one in just a couple of days. He didn't ask for a penny. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Bill again. I hope everybody in the Northwest realize what they have. Absolutely a honest dealer. If I ever make it to Oregon I will personally make a trip to see them. Thanks Bill and staff from a satisfied customer in South Carolina.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    If you wouldn't mind, how much was shipping. Just curious what it would be if I ever decide that route
  3. artr01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bill said shipping varies it was according to distance shipped. I think my shipping was around 325-350 a whole lot less than I could have got it shipped for. Very reasonable in my opinion. I believe yours would be less all I can tell you is contact them.
    Lonfish likes this.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Bill is the Bomb!
    TROFFER88, JonXX, Lonfish and 2 others like this.
  5. artr01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Walt I am almost positive you will be getting my 125 cylinder soon. I just don't see how it can be much better than the 144. I do have a question or 2 since I am new to Husky's. I had them back in 70's and 80's just couldn't buy the KTM even though all my friends have them. I don't know anything about the process of making the 125 a 165 other than it being bored and power valves being modified. Is the bore coated with nikasil or something similar? If not how long is bore good for and does the bike have any tendencies to run hot? Also I heard you have to change the pipe. Is there more than one choice for pipes? Give me about a month and I am sure I will be serious about the kit. I won't be in a big hurry as I am so happy with the 144. I was riding a 2000 yz 125 which I thought was decent until this bike. I am in the process now of getting springs worked out front and rear. Thanks for your time and all you do for Husky.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Cylinders are bored and re-nikasiled. They are pretty darn bullet proof and have lots of guys with hundreds of hours on original bore and piston. You don't have to change the pipe, but to get the most out of the kit a 200 SX pipe works best. There are several flavors of pipes from the usual manufacturers although they can be hard to come by. I was offering an HGS pipe as well as the Fatty but the demand for the HGS pipe was negligible and I haven't re-ordered to date. The FMF Fatty for the 200 sx is the best all around pipe in my opinion but have had really favorable reports from the HGS, Doma, DEP, and PC pipe for the 200 SX. The 125 Fatty is ok but you are giving up bottom/mid for not much if any gain on top.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Wow that is cheap. I honestly was expecting a little more than that to get it here.
    Lonfish likes this.
  8. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    here to Colorado to terminal or business $250 tops on Cr125
    Lonfish likes this.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    No kidding...great to know. Awhile back you had a 98 or 99 125 and I didn't jump at it because of shipping...yeah, I'm stupid lol
    Lonfish likes this.
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I live in CA and make a point to stop at BMP when visiting my Mom in WA. BMP is one of the top shelf Husqvarna dealers for sure. :cheers:
    JonXX, Lonfish and artr01 like this.
  11. artr01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was interested in a case saver and I thought that it might have been overlooked when they shipped me the clutch perch. Well I was wrong they don't seem to overlook anything I got a call saying they forgot to get it in with the clutch perch so they helped me some on the shipping. I am pleased with the bike I do have some jetting to do this week. Mostly I just wanted to let everybody know that I have purchased a lot of dirt bikes and my experience with Bill and everybody there has been top notch. They seem to go out of there way to help you and make sure you are happy!
    JonXX and Lonfish like this.
  12. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I get all my parts from Bryon at Bill's, I order 'em on Monday, I get 'em on Thursday for $5 shipping, and I have a Husky dealer that is about 5 miles from my house.....:lol:

[IMG]
  13. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Yep, Bill's crew really is the best there is. He's the best dealer (to buy anything from) in this area.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We do :thumbsup: they are simply the BEST.
    oregonsage likes this.
  15. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bills is the best. They always have the parts I need at the right prices.
  16. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Sounds like I need to start buying parts from Bill
    Mike-AK, Motosportz and JonXX like this.