black side Radiator shrouds 2010 model, bloody annoying!!

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by te450dean, Nov 29, 2018.

1. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

anyone have a good way of mounting the black side covers to the bottom of the red tank covers,

mine just seem to slip out, curve up and stop my knee from moving up and down with the bike.

anyone else had this issue, i just been riding with out them, but would rather have them on
  2. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Just cut that little wing off. Saw that trick on Andrew Delong's bike once upon a time.
    te450dean likes this.
  3. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Drill a hole through the red shroud and the black shroud where they overlap then bolt them together. Use a dome shaped bolt (so you're pants don't get caught on it) and nyloc nut,
    te450dean likes this.
  4. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Throw the lower shrouds on the shelf and don't worry about it :lol: I haven't had them on my WR in years as they always seemed to break on me. I just zip tied the shrouds to my radiator guards so they didn't flop around.
  5. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Similar situation when fitting SWM lower shrouds with husky model IMS fuel tank. The lower shrouds have nowhere to attach and don't slip in behind the upper shrouds like the husky ones do. So what I did was drill 2 small holes in the shroud, feed a cable tie through and tie it to the radiator guards. Looks a bit average but very effective.
  6. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks for the input guys,

ill see what i can come up with through the week and post up,, or just leave them to i sell it,haha
  7. Boomer2124 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha MT09